Saturday, September 14, 2013

Home Search



I meant to do a better job of updating the blog but it's not happening. 

Grandpa and John came for a short visit at the end of August.  Nyla was sick with a fever the day before and she is high maintenance when she's sick.  I couldn't leave her side for more than a couple of minutes.  The next week I became sick and was hoarse for many days.  In the meantime we were looking at houses and I went to Georgia for the weekend.  It was a very short notice trip.  The tickets were bought less than 24 hours before leaving.  I spent dawn to dusk looking at the area.  We thought we had it figured it but now we're waiting again. 


Bohdin was moved up into a higher group at horse riding lessons so now we hang out at the arena for even longer.  Cora comes home covered in dust each time.  Bohdin didn't really want to move up to the other group because he doesn't like bouncing around on a trotting horse.  Bodhin has a weak core which will hopefully improve with the horseback riding.  I also like him taking these lessons because he needs to be clearly in charge of the horse.  It's another area that could use improvement. 

All of the additional lessons started last week and the kids are enrolled in a lot of things, especially Nyla.  She does voice, swimming, two days of dance, and horseback riding.  Bohdin does swimming, crossfit, and horseback riding.  Nyla wouldn't be able to do all of those activities if she was still in public school.  There wouldn't be enough time.  For now she's still enjoying homeschooling although she wants to go back to public school when we move. 
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you and Nyla have been ill; but, really enjoyed the update. Kids are so busy . . . which means you're very busy, too. So, we're happy to hear from you whenever you can write. Your father looks younger and younger!