We went to a local playground/farm today which is relatively near us. They charge a $5 admission fee which I thought was ridiculous. A military id gets you in free though. There was a nice big playground. A very short walk away are some barns and animal pens. We were able to see goats, sheep, pigs, chickens, and cows. The area is for local 4H kids to house their animals. I thought it was a great community resource. There are also garden plots available for lease. We had thought briefly about doing that but this is not the year. It's a little too far and inconvenient right now.
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Park
We went to a local playground/farm today which is relatively near us. They charge a $5 admission fee which I thought was ridiculous. A military id gets you in free though. There was a nice big playground. A very short walk away are some barns and animal pens. We were able to see goats, sheep, pigs, chickens, and cows. The area is for local 4H kids to house their animals. I thought it was a great community resource. There are also garden plots available for lease. We had thought briefly about doing that but this is not the year. It's a little too far and inconvenient right now.

1 comment:
Thank you! We do appreciate the photos and updates.
Nana and Papa
Post a Comment