I'm way behind. I don't even know what I've been so busy with the past week. Cora had her 15 month appointment today. The pediatrician was a little concerned that she isn't speaking yet but I'm not. She's super close. She says "hhh" for hot which is 1/3 of the way there. She also started saying mama this week but more as a sound than an actual word. Sometimes it sounds like she says that which I could have counted but I forgot until this afternoon when she said it. Cora does a pretty good job of communicating without words. She signs a little bit. The two most frequent signs are to nurse and book. Other times she manages to get her point across. If she is in her chair and wants more water she'll hold out her cup and babble something. If she's not in her chair, she'll grab a cup and take it over to the fridge. It's working pretty well for her. Neither Nyla nor Bohdin really talked at this age either so I'm not concerned.
Bohdin's speech on the other hand is a bit concerning. He stuttered a bit when he was four and continued on and off since then but in the past few months it has become much much worse. At first Buddy didn't believe and he still is a little unsure but I am completely positive that Bohdin's stuttering is pretty bad right now. He has trouble getting out his thoughts at time and it is frustrating for all of us although maybe the most for me because I have to wait patiently for him to say what he is saying when I have 300 other things to do. I've talked to him about it and it usually doesn't bother him so we'll just wait and see for now.
The other day I asked the kids to help clean the basement for a few minutes. Nyla refused which is not unusual so Bohdin and I did it ourselves. Bohdin discovered that we owned The Little Mermaid movie and wanted to watch it when we were done. I agreed. While he was cleaning and Nyla was sitting in a chair watching him, he commented that it was unfair that Nyla wasn't helping. I agreed and said she wouldn't be able to watch the movie since she didn't help. After cleaning we went upstairs for lunch and then I gave Nyla another opportunity to clean before Bohdin started the movie. We went up to the bedrooms but once again it was just Bohdin and I cleaning. Nyla hid in a bedroom because she didn't want to help. Bohdin started the movie without her but she joined him eventually. It turns out that she was feeling guilty about this decision and every night before bed, every morning when waking up and some times during the day she would say "Mommy, you don't love me." Nyla is never one to be swayed by logic so there was no talking her out of her belief. After several days and some help from others I was able to discover that she felt bad about not helping that day. I have no idea why she felt guilty about that day and not any of the other days she chooses not to help.
One last thing. Cora has two new teeth. She skipped a few and went for the molars on top. She is up to 10 teeth. Since I'll have forgotten this by tomorrow she weighs 23 pounds and some today. I missed her length because she hates being measured and pretty much everything else that happens at the doctor.
No comments:
Post a Comment