I have a few minutes before the kids go to sleep and I thought I would take pictures off the camera and post them but I can't find the cord.
Painting has taken much much longer than we anticipated. We are nearing the end. The second floor is done. The main floor is nearly done. I think there are just a few touchups and some trim painting. The basement needs a second coat and trim painting. I want to burn these paintbrushes when we are done and not look at one for a very long time. In addition to the painting there were a lot of little jobs that needed to be done. We needed to finish the banquette area, repair the outdoor lights, and numerous other things that I wish we had done earlier. The kids haven't done much because I don't want them painting. They did some window washing today and cleaned floors.
Cora has been doing a decent job of staying out of the way. She's not as bad as she could be. I do think a few of her clothes have paint stains from not staying away enough. She has spent a lot of time playing with Nyla. They were playing chase/hide and seek earlier today and squealing so loud that glass nearly shattered. She also joined Bohdin and Nyla in the bathtub today when their play involved washing toys. Right now the three of them are watching something on the other computer.
The other night Cora placed a cup of water in the middle of the hallway. I told her it wasn't a good spot because it blocked the path. She walked over and made a show of going around it. Then she turned to me and said it was fine. Another day she had food in her hand and her mouth. I told her to go to the table to eat. She finished chewing, swallowed, and said she wasn't eating after showing me her empty mouth. She then ran off with the food in her hand.
Nyla has been making progress with her reading. She read 42 words the other day. When she is in the right mood she works hard. Since that day it has been hard to get her to agree to read much.
1 comment:
We're keeping you guys in our thoughts! I'll be happy to join you on the brush burning, nust let me know when you're ready. Look forward to your pictures.
Post a Comment