Tuesday, December 11, 2012
Sick
I'm having trouble posting pictures and don't have the time to mess with technology that doesn't work. I copied most of my post before losing it so I'll just paste that. I'll come back another time about Bohdin's birthday.
Monday at gymnastics I was working on Nyla's Christmas present. The next thing I knew she is standing right next to me. She told me she wasn't feeling well and the next instant threw up all over me. The vomit was everywhere. It was on her, the floor, and me. I cleaned her up a bit and we left. Two other moms were nice enough to shoo me off while they cleaned the floor. I had to drive home with Bohdin's coat draped over me since I had only underwear on. It turns out that Cora's throwing up from the week before was not vaccine related. It was contagious. Nyla threw up a few more times that afternoon. I took Cora out Monday night so we could pick up supplies for Bohdin's party with his friends on Wednesday. When I was at the store I started feeling a little queasy and had to come home. Buddy was already feeling bad. It was a rough night. Only Bohdin and Cora were feeling fine. The next morning I told Bohdin to stay as far away from all of us as possible hoping he wouldn't catch it. He threw up a minute later. Cora was the only one feeling well. With the exception of Bohdin we were feeling better by Tuesday evening. Bohdin developed a fever on Wednesday and wasn't completely better until Friday. His party was cancelled. We saw M- and W- today to say goodbye and we'll see more friends tomorrow. It's a shame that the party didn't work out. We'll try our best to see S- before we leave.
December is always a busy month and this time even more so because of the moving. The packers will be here next week and there is a tremendous amount to do before then. We've moved Christmas up to the 16th which leaves even less time to get things ready and I lost several days with the illness. I'm making many of Nyla's presents this year and I've only completed one so far. I'm in the process of building Bohdin a bed which has to be done before the movers come. I also want to paint his dresser before then. I need about 8 more hours in each day for the next week.
Last Monday at gymnastics I discovered that Nyla has her first loose tooth. She is beyond excited. She can't wait to exchange her tooth for money. Nyla's first two teeth popped up on Christmas day five years ago. It would be ironic if she also lost her first tooth on Christmas day.
1 comment:
So sorry you have all been ill. Hope you are on the mend.
Post a Comment