Last weekend we were invited for dinner at a neighbor's house. One of the three children threw up soon after we arrived. We never even saw him but Nyla had played with him the previous day at the playground. We hesitantly stayed anyway. Nyla loved playing with Mo- who is a first grader and Bohdin played or rather associated with the fourth grade boy Ma-. Bohdin and Ma- were funny together because it seemed like the entire time they were just quizzing each other on what they knew. Ma- won the dinosaur round and Bohdin won the space round. At one point they began debating religion but we put an end to that. It's not a first date topic. I hope they spend more time together in the future. Both seem like introverts so it will probably take parental involvement to get them together. Neither seem the type to suggest it on their own.
As we were leaving the dad said we could come over any time. Nyla woke up the next morning and asked to go play with Mo-. When I told her it was too early, she reminded me that she was told any time. I made her wait until after lunch. Nyla had a lot of fun and they seemed to really hit it off.
Monday our stuff arrived and Nyla was sad that she couldn't go play with Mo-. Delivering the stuff took longer than I expected. I think it took over four hours. Unpacking has been a huge job and we are not even remotely done a week later. We do finally have a crazy packer story. There are always stories floating around about packers packing up the trash and other weird things. We unpacked a dead mouse. I would have been fine leaving that behind.
Tuesday morning Nyla said she didn't feel well and didn't want to go to school. I didn't believe her and sent her anyway. At lunchtime they called me to come pick her up because she had a fever. It was a long fever that lasted days. Buddy became sick on Wednesday I think and Cora became sick on Friday. I became sick yesterday. Bohdin has avoided it so far despite playing with Mo- outside for hours the day before she became sick. Nyla went back to school today despite a lingering cough. Buddy had to go to school today also despite feeling awful. It's certainly making the rounds around here. There were a lot less kids getting on the bus as the week went on.
2 comments:
So sorry to hear of your illnesses. Hope everyone feels back to normal soon. Did anyone take a flu shot this year?
Buddy had the flu shot and also tested negative for flu.
Post a Comment