Thursday, February 7, 2013

Parent Teacher Conference

Bohdin stayed home sick last Wednesday and Thursday.  He wasn't very sick but I figured why not.  It's not like he was going to miss anything.  Cora had a great time having him around.  She had been a little lonely and loved the company.  Bohdin said it was the most fun he has had in a long time.

Friday morning was parent teacher conferences.  I think they did it in alphabetical order because I had to be there early.  Nyla's teacher was very nice and commented that Nyla is very quiet in class.  I find that hard to believe.  She is doing well and learning. 

The conference with Bohdin's teacher didn't go as well.  I didn't get the feeling that she likes Bohdin.  Since Bohdin is oblivious to it I don't really care.  I found out that Bohdin still cries frequently which annoys the teacher.  She tells him to stop.  The advanced math group is not very advanced and there is nothing I can do about it.  He is not in the advanced reading group but since they are hardly more advanced it doesn't really matter.  I was concerned that Bohdin's writing is significantly worse in school but his teacher didn't believe me.  She wanted me to prove it by showing her some of his previous writing.  Her biggest concern is that he doesn't have a friend yet.  I don't know what we are going to do yet.  We've revised our goals for him from learning something to hoping he doesn't get dumber. 

Since we were out so early we went into Kansas City to the science museum.  The kids had a lot of fun until they were too hungry to go on. 

Bohdin spent time with Ma- over the weekend and Nyla spent a lot of time with Mo-.  Buddy and I found it weird that we didn't have to do any work on the house beyond unpacking.  It feels like we have a lot more free time now.  I don't know if we'll squander it or use it wisely. 

No comments: