Thursday, April 25, 2013

Cold Spring



Today was the last day of swim lessons so our days won't be nearly as busy anymore.  I guess I lucked into swimming lessons for April because there were not nearly enough spots in May.  I didn't register early enough.  Registration opens about midnight midmonth and by morning all of the spots were gone.  Bohdin is on a waitlist but I'm not holding my breath.  Nyla can't take a class because the next level is only during school hours.  We'll try again for June.  If Bohdin doesn't get into swimming next month I'll probably sign him up for crossfit again.  It became a lot harder and when I picked him up he was sweaty and had a red face.  It's a good class for him and he likes it. 

Summer camp registration opened Monday morning at 12:30am.  I stayed up to be sure they would get spots.  It wasn't necessary because spots were still available at 8am.  I didn't want to risk it and they were able to get everything they wanted.  Bohdin will be doing golf, hip-hop, fine arts, kite making, and piano.  They are spread out over the summer so he won't be overloaded.  Nyla has two dance camps, kite making, and science.  Nyla doesn't have as much for two reasons.  The first is that she is feeling overwhelmed with activities right now and the second is that there isn't as much for five year olds.  I never would have thought that Nyla would feel that way.  She's the one that likes to be busy all day and be around people.  Bohdin is handling all of his activities very well.  He surprised me too because I expected the opposite.

Bohdin' swimming teacher is incredible and Bohdin has learned so much.  She said he was ready to move up a level but I think he needs more practice.  He swims a lot better than he did at the beginning of the month but he can do better.  He's still one of the weaker swimmers in his class.  We may take him to the pool on weekends to practice if we can find the time.  

Nyla - I like ballerinas, dance, and princesses. Princesses are pretty like ballerinas.  Nyla loves to pick flowers and lay in them.  Nyla likes to play on the twisy slide.  I also like to read books and look at the pictures. 

I took the girls shopping on Saturday while Bohdin worked on his science project.  We had to buy two birthday presents in addition to some groceries.  I don't know how well it will turn out yet but hopefully he learns something from it.  We'll spend the weekend working on the poster.  Nyla is participating in the science fair as well so we have a good bit of work ahead of us this weekend helping them. 



It has been a very cold spring so we haven't spent much time outside recently.  It even snowed on Tuesday with very minor accumulations.  Today Bohdin wore shorts to school and we should be in the upper 70s by this weekend.  I think everybody is ready for spring. 















We had a birthday party on Sunday at the bounce place again.  All of the kids were invited this time and they all had a great time.  Nyla's best friend from school, I-, was there for a different birthday party.  Nyla used to play with I- during Bohdin' swim lesson because I-'s sister had taekwondo at the same time and in the same building.  Cora is fearless in that place and prefers the big kid area.  She does everything the big kids do.




Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Princess Easter dresses are empowering!!

Sounds like there are loads of opportunities for the kids there...what about for you?