Monday, May 20, 2013

Graduation



Kindergarten graduation was on Friday.  I didn't look through all of Nyla's papers the day before and didn't see the time change for the program so I missed some of it.  I did make it in time for the two songs and everybody's name being called.  The ceremony wasn't too long and it was followed by a little reception in the cafeteria afterward. 





Nyla with a girl that is not in her class.  I don't know who she is. 


Nyla and our neighbor C-.


Nyla with G-.  This is the girl we spent the day with at the zoo.  I don't know why she is looking so blank in this picture.  She's a really fun girl. 


Nyla's friend I- is on the left.  I- was Nyla's best friend in her class. 

School let out really early on Friday so I just brought Bohdin home with Nyla.  After lunch and running an errand we went to the toy store in town.  Bohdin spent money to buy a new Playmobil toy.  He's been complaining a lot recently about not having enough time.  It's a good thing there is only five days of school left.  Almost as soon as we came home Buddy called asking if we were ready to go.  The barbecue that I thought was scheduled for Sunday was actually on Friday.  We went to the home of Buddy's Austrian classmate for a barbecue.  It was a fun evening.  Bohdin played ball a lot with the other kids.  They played several different games including soccer, keep away, and football.  Bohdin was hit in the face with the ball at one point which nearly ruined the evening for him but he recovered. 

We babysat C- and her brother M- Saturday while both of their parents were occupied.  Bohdin and M- have had some interaction but I would never call them friends.  The first couple of hours were a little awkward but they soon bonded.  After lunch all of the kids were eating popsicles outside and M- said it was the best day ever.  He thought the only thing better would be if he were eating the popsicle on a beach in Spain while collecting sea glass.  They were lucky enough to have stationed in Europe prior to here.  M- and C- were supposed to go to another neighbor's house after lunch but M- wanted to stay with us.  Nyla and C- went over instead and did art.  Ma- came over later asking to play with Bohdin and the three played together for a while before heading back to Ma-'s house to play Wii. As a thank you M- and Ca-'s dad made dinner for all of us and we ate outside.  M- and C- played inside while Cora stayed outside with us. 








Cora with M- and C-'s dog Charlie.  He's an old dog with a bum leg right now so he just stands or lays quietly while Cora pets him.  She adores Charlie.  He is the reason she likes to go out to the bus stop in the morning and afternoon. 









M- was at our door late Sunday morning asking to play with Bohdin.  They spent hours together trolling the neighborhood looking for things to do.  They were in and out of our house and his house doing various things.  Nyla and C- went back over to the other neighbor's house where they played and had lunch.  Cora just had to stay home and nap.  In the late afternoon I took Nyla and Bohdin to the indoor pool for about an hour.  It was a lot easier to not have Cora.  Bohdin doesn't require much attention but Nyla does.  She's forgotten how to swim so I had to watch her.  She'll take swim lessons again starting mid June.  In the meantime we'll try to get to the pool more often so she can practice.  Both kids could use more practice.




Nyla likes to write and wrote this earlier.  It erased a little before I took the picture.  She writes the word love so much she has it memorized.  She needed help spelling brother and sister. 

Nyla told me that in art class Is- washed her hands in the toilet and that everyone copied her but Nyla.  I've met Is- and she is the type of kid that others would follow.  She has a lot of charisma.  I was proud of Nyla for not doing it.  That night Bohdin reported that Nyla washed her toothbrush in the toilet.  Nyla denied it but I believe Bohdin.  It makes me wonder how truthful she was about the school incident.   Even if she didn't really wash her hands in the toilet at school, dunking your own toothbrush in the toilet seems worse.  We had just talked about how gross the former would be. 

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Nyla, on your graduation! Great pictures, Mom!