There was a small carnival set up less than a 1/4 mile from our front door so we had to check it out on Thursday. We arrived before it became too crowded so the kids were able to do some of the things without waiting too long. By the time we left it was really hot and the lines were getting really long. Bohdin did the jumping thing three times and did flips his last two times. Nyla rode the horse twice. I told her I would look into lessons for her in the fall.
Nyla spent a lot of her time with C-. She is moving in a few weeks so they've spent a lot of time together in the past few weeks.
Nyla with C- and Ch-. Nyla has also spent a lot with Ch- as well. There were several times last week that she spent more than six hours with one or both of those girls. It's better when they play outside or here so Cora can join in.
After the carnival we headed to a barbecue with Buddy's small group. We have gone to many barbecues that I don't think I mentioned. His group gets together frequently. The family hosting the Fourth of July get together is really fun and they had tons of stuff for the kids. There were water balloons, firecrackers, sparklers, a slip and slide, and karaoke. The kids had so much fun. I had a hard time pulling Nyla away from the carnival but later that night she was mad that we hadn't arrived at the barbecue earlier. Apparently I should have told her how much fun it was going to be. We stayed there to watch the fireworks.
The kids spent their weekend playing with friends. They come home to eat and then I bring them home to go to bed. Bohdin doesn't play with M- as much as he used to. They both think the other doesn't like them. He did go over to the other M-'s house and had fun there. His building has been inundated with new families and lots of kids. Nyla has been too busy with the kids in our building to even meet those. The best thing though is that Mo- now has lots of playmates and she doesn't come looking for Nyla much anymore.
Yesterday we went to a free Okee Dokee Brothers concert. We've been listening to their music for a few years now and the kids and I really like them. The turnout was really small at the the library so our early arrival was quite unnecessary. They put on a really great show and we had a lot of fun. Bohdin was called up at one point to help perform one of the songs. For whatever reason he couldn't tell them his name. He finally just said that he sometimes had trouble saying things. After the show they asked him his name again and he still couldn't say it. He's never had that problem before. Nyla was a little sad at the end that they didn't play one of the two songs she hoped. I left Cora at home with Buddy because I wasn't sure how well she would behave. She has a limited attention span and I didn't want her getting bored and fussy in the middle. With Cora out of the picture, Bohdin and Nyla were a little nuts together in the backseat. They were driving me crazy a little bit acting like siblings. When they came home they couldn't stop hugging each other. Nyla was telling Bohdin how much she loved him. I should do some things with just Bohdin and Cora so they can bond. Nyla and Cora are already really tight since they play together so much.

2 comments:
Great 4th! Busy? I say!
Bohdin will be a gym rate; Nyla will ride horses all day, and Cora will get fabulously rich playing professional baseball. What a family!
Thanks for the update.
rate? I meant "rat"! (that's a good thing to be)
Post a Comment