Nyla did drama camp last week for kids ages 4 through 7. I think most of them were on the younger end of that. There were at least four 4 year olds because the teacher asked them to raise their hands when she was trying to figure out who was the youngest child. They performed Henny Penny and Nyla had the role of the king. It was cute. Nyla loved it. I think acting is an area she should explore. It seems like it would suit her personality.
Once we came home from the play I finished the party preparations. I moved the time of the party up because Cora had gone to sleep very late the night before and I thought she would need a nap later. Also the air conditioning had been out in the building since the night before and it was really starting to get hot.
I had bought a few cake decorating things for the cake and when Nyla was begging to decorate the cake on Wednesday I realized it would be a good activity for the girls. They spent many minutes adding sprinkles, icing, candles, and other decorations.
M- and Ch-'s sister B- were also at the party but I wouldn't let anybody but the young girls decorate the cake. All of the kids were allowed a turn at the pinata. Initially everybody had three tries. On the next go around everybody had five tries. We never made it back to the boys because B- was successful. Since she is the oldest it wasn't too big of a surprise. She'll be going into sixth grade this year.
As the party was winding down the Latvian girls came by. They hadn't been invited to the party but since we had plenty of cake we invited them in. C- had already gone home but Ch- stayed longer. They played for a little while and brought a present by later. Yesterday one of the Latvian girls turned five. We weren't invited to the party but we will take a present by soon. Nyla managed to befriend them and they spend a lot of time in our yard especially the younger one who is more outgoing. The girl on the end turned five yesterday. Her sister is six.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday, Cora!!
Happy early Birthday, Nyla!!
Beautiful pictures and very nice party. Well done! I'm sure Nyla appreciates your effort.
Post a Comment