Buddy had to go out of town last week so since we were already in Atlanta to take him to the airport we went to the Fernbank Natural History Museum. We arrived just before it opened so we were among the first there. We had the first area to ourselves for a few minutes. By the time we left there were a couple of preschool groups there. The museum was too big to do it all in one visit so we'll go back sometime. I'll have to take the camera next time.
It was really rainy last week so we couldn't see the frog eggs. We need to cross an area that would have been muddy before getting on the trail to the frog eggs. Instead we walked to the see how some of the new construction was coming along. The kids had fun playing on a gravel pile. We passed by again a few days later and it was gone.
Bohdin has been reading the Harry Potter books rather quickly. He stalled on the last one because I bought him a book he loves. He read that book twice this weekend and hasn't glanced at Harry Potter at all. I don't know when he'll get back into the last one.
Nyla has been listening to more audiobooks lately. She has finally started liking them more. In the past few weeks she has listened to Gooney Bird Greene, Because of Winn Dixie, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and a fairy book. She had heard Charlie and Chocolate Factory in January but wanted to listen to it again. As she was listening she drew a picture of Violet.
Cora likes to draw and color but only with markers. She always breaks crayons from pressing too hard. It's a good thing I stocked up on markers last fall although I don't think our stash will last until the sales start again. I only have three packages left and two of them don't contain orange and brown which are Cora's most used. Since they are the most used they are also the ones that need to be replaced the most often. She's pretty good about putting the lid back on but it's not every single time. She also likes to use the dry erase markers on our big board. The above picture is Nyla sitting on a mountain. Cora and Bohdin are the two next to it. The tall figures are Buddy and I holding hands.
This is Nyla's art but I don't remember the story behind it. The brown thing is a mountain with a face on it.
We didn't get a chance to check on the frog eggs until Saturday. They're growing. We continued walking to the swing and then went on hoping to find a nice loop around the lake. We ended up following a path that dumped up onto a dirt road well past the neighborhood. Bohdin complained about the long walk which Buddy estimated at 3 miles. I carried Cora for a good chunk of it so she didn't have anything to complain about. Part of Bohdin's problem was the large rock he carried for most of it. He collects so much on walks. He is always finding an interesting stick or rock or something.
| On the long walk back home. It's sad that all of this nature will disappear eventually so more houses can be built. |
On Sunday I took the kids to Allattona Pass. We didn't walk as far as the day before. We had a picnic lunch next to Lake Allattona then went to the Tellus Science Museum. It's wasn't a large museum but it was nice. We saw a planetarium show and since we were the only ones at the show the guy showed us some extra stuff. That was more interesting than the molecule program we bought tickets for. Bohdin enjoyed the gem and rock room quite a bit but the girls didn't. They all liked the play room and didn't like the transportation area. The biggest hit may have been the area where they could pan for gems and keep what they found. I suggested they use it as Playmobil treasure but Bohdin thought it was even too small for that. He's probably right.
We dropped Buddy off at the airport again yesterday and tried to go to the Fernbank Science Center but I didn't realize the opening time was noon. We'll have to try another time.
2 comments:
you guys are staying productively busy . . . well done; great drawings, girls and great pictures, mommy!
p.s. you didn't identify the tree the kids planted in your yard(?)
It's the dogwood.
Post a Comment