Friday, September 11, 2009

Peep

Nyla has started watching a bit of tv. It's been sort of nice since I get some time to rest while the kids watch a video. Her favorite is Peep. I'm not sure how much she actually watches but she will stay in the room now at least while it is on. Bohdin is really interested in the human body so we checked out a human body dvd at the library. Last night he was telling us about brown fat and electricty in the brain. He seems to learn so much more by watching it on tv than reading about it. We've also checked out multiple books about the human body over the past several weeks. Maybe he doesn't get as much out of the reading because Nyla is always fussing when we try to read. She wants us to read the book she picks out instead and she wants it now.

The weather has turned a bit cooler with highs only in the low 70s. Add in the high humidity and cloud cover and it feels pretty cool here. Bohdin appears to finally regulate his temperature like a normal human being and was cold yesterday. He had goose bumps outside and in the store. He asked for a jacket yesterday. I haven't bought him a jacket since he was two. I was able to force him once at that age to wear one when he went for a walk in a snowstorm. As he grew older it became impossible to make him wear a jacket and every once in a while we could force a sweater on him. It's such a huge change for him. Today he wore a long sleeve shirt with a zip up sweather which last year I would have had to force on him in 20 degree weather.

Bohdin still likes to have us make his Playmobil people talk. He is the knights because they have more weapons and shields. I am the pirates wth swords to his guns. Every time he wants me to battle him. Every times he wins since his people can fly and are invincible. It's become quite repetive. In another shock this week Bohdin took the Playmobil pyramid off his birthday list. This is the toy he couldn't possibly wait more than 5 minutes for this weekend. I think it will make another appearace on his list before his birthday unless it gets bumped for the castle. His people are currently living in the pirate hideout which he will graciously give my people once they upgrade their digs.

Bohdin is currently pushing Nyla across the room in his big dump truck. I love seeing them play together. The other night Nyla said "Bobo" for the first time which is what we've been trying to have her use for Bohdin. Normally she calls Bohdin "dada". It's confusing to have two in the house.

No comments: