Sunday, August 5, 2012

Not Chicken. Chicken!



Bohdin had been working really hard on his state fair entry and I thought I would take a picture but Cora insisted that I just take pictures of her.  I never did get a photo of Bohdin working or his project.  He had been spending a lot of time on it but stopped Friday at noon and hasn't even looked at it since.  It is due this weekend so he better get moving again.



We have so much wildlife visit our yard.  I've seen deer, chipmunks, rabbits, squirrels, ducks, groundhogs, a possum once, and I think we've had a raccoon visit.  Every once in a while we get a visit from geese and this week it was our turn.  They were hoping to find something good in the garden but they were way too late because everybody else has already had a turn.  The kids took some bread out to them and had a lot of fun with it.  There were maybe twenty total.  They didn't stay too long before moving on to the next yard.






Last Sunday my dad stopped by really briefly as he was driving through.  It was right before bedtime and he left way before we woke up so we saw him for less than an hour.  Nevertheless, it was nice to see him.  We hadn't seen him in nearly two years.  I should have brought the camera out but I didn't.

Saturday we attended the street rod show along with G-'s family for his birthday.  The birthday boy loves cars but we don't too much.  It was a fine experience but none of us enjoy cars enough to do it again.  Nyla listed her favorite parts as the escalator, shuttle, and donuts.  Bohdin liked the escalator and donuts as well.  Bohdin really wanted to go up the escalator to see what was on the second floor.  There was another escalator and pretty much nothing else.  All of the kids loved the escalator and we spent several minutes there as they rode up and down.

They were closing up as we were walking to our car and one of the vendors gave us some chicken that they were about to throw out.  We ate it as we walked back to the car.  Cora stayed at home with Buddy but we now went to pick her up before heading out to the birthday party.  On the way to the party, Bohdin told Cora that we had brought chicken home.  Cora screamed in delight.  She loves all birds including chickens.  Bohdin realized that she was thinking a live bird and not chicken meat so said  "Not chicken.  CHICKEN!"   Cora screamed again.  They repeated this numerous times.  I know Cora was just playing it up.  It's her way and it was really funny.  She has a fun sense of humor.






The kids enjoyed the birthday party at the park and had fun playing.  Cora wanted to see a baby that was there because she loves seeing babies.  The baby was nine days older than her.  They played together for a few minutes.  Cora did relatively well.  She is a bit of a risk taker and I only noticed one time that she was climbing something that I was not ready for her to climb.

Several weeks ago when we were driving back from Wisconsin, Nyla pointed out that Cora just needs one more tooth in the middle and she will have them all.  Cora has a very large gap between her top two teeth and I can no longer look at it without thinking of Nyla's comment.

The kids had their last swim lesson on Thursday.  They've made a lot of progress since beginning.  I was hoping that they would continue but I was not allowed to sign up for more lessons because they were full.  I don't understand their system but there is nothing more I can do.  Talking to them got me nowhere.  We may try again in October or something.  I had already arranged to continue the lessons with the swim teacher so I may go tomorrow so we can say goodbye and thank you.  She hadn't expected there would be a conflict either so we parted by saying see you next week. I'm also curious if somebody will be taking our time slot because I seriously doubt it.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I believe Cora is sitting in her great, great grandfather Bright's rocky chair, which chair is blanketed by a quilt made by her great grandmother Bright . . . there's a little family tradition in that photo!