We dropped off Bohdin's state fair entry today. It took many many hours over many weeks. Part of the problem was that the pillow he entered was not his first one. He did some quilt blocks that didn't make the cut. Then he designed a cool maze pillow but after making several of the rows I told him he needed to pick something easier. It was incredibly complex, time consuming, and beyond his skill level. The next one was supposed to have a quilted top but his quilting was sloppy so he decided to start over rather than ripping out the bad stitching. He started the final pillow last week (or was it this week?) and it has been a big push. Getting him to finish the pillow is one of the hardest things I've ever done. By the time he as sewing the last few pieces together he looked so experienced at the sewing machine. He said the easiest part was making the buttonholes because the sewing machine did all of the work. He was proudest of sewing the buttons on the back by hand. We're all really proud of him. Cora loves the pillow and had a hard time letting it go so it would be entered. Nyla said tonight that she missed it.
The front:
The back:
Every time I get the camera out Cora wants me to take a picture of her. That's the reason for all of the Cora pictures on this post.
When Bohdin was stuffing his pillow insert he found Dancing Princess hidden inside. She has been missing for a really long time. Nyla was quite excited since it is one of her Playmobil kids.
This is one of Bohdin's attempts. I like it and eventually I would like to see him finish it.
On Wednesday we had a get together with the old Lego League team. The team will be slightly different this year since two of the members are now to old. A new girl will join the team starting in two weeks. I volunteered our house for the meetings because I thought it would be a good incentive to get things done around here. I guess Bohdin is not the only one around here who struggles to finish projects. It has worked so far as the house was cleaner than unusual and Buddy did get a few things done. Bohdin and Nyla had to work really hard to clean up their Playmobil mess. They haven't done a massive cleanup in months. When everybody came over they went straight for the Playmobil and started to scatter stuff everywhere. Bohdin was horrified. He couldn't play because he was so worried about having to clean up the mess. I told the other two moms that the kids would have to help clean up. Once Bohdin heard that he was able to have fun. Playing Playmobil with a girl is a lot different than playing with a boy and Bohdin loved it. They were shooting cannons at each other and doing a bunch of boy stuff. Nyla wants him to do fairies, princesses, and kids. Nyla didn't have fun until later because she just wanted to build a pillow and couch house. The kids are really great and indulged her. I think everybody had fun.
Buddy has more vacation time that he has to use so we'll be going to Disney World next month. In preparation I thought it would be good for the kids to get used to walking in the morning. The past three days we've gone the long way to the playground. I'm not sure about the distance but it takes us about 30 minutes. Bohdin is the fastest and Cora is the slowest. She has to run a lot to keep up. The outdoor time has been nice especially since the humidity has been lower.

2 comments:
Wow, Bohdin!! Very, very good job! I am so proud of you.
Yes, Great Job, Bohdin! I think you have a future in design. Cora is so cute that I don't blame her for wanting her picture taken at every opportunity! Hope all of you have a great time at DW.
Post a Comment