Monday, August 13, 2012

Time for Fun





With the project turned in, it was time for some fun.  I took the kids to the zoo on Sunday so they could enjoy the splash park.  Cora didn't like it because she tried stepping on one of the upright jets and got water in her nose.  She tried it again and got even more water in her nose.  She stayed out of the water after that.  Bohdin and Nyla had a lot of fun though.  I had to drag Bohdin out of there after nearly an hour.  We saw a few animals on our way out.  Bohdin wandered far ahead which I wasn't fond of.  Cora spent a long time with the elephants and then wanted to explore every kind of fencing material in the zoo.  After she played ring around the rosies around a tree I cut her off from walking and put her in the carrier. 

Nyla had been asking to ride the carousel since we entered. I almost said no because we hadn't caught up with Bohdin yet but I didn't want to punish her for Bohdin's poor choice.  Bohdin waited for us in a good spot patiently.  He had been carrying the food so he ate a snack while waiting.  I think he has learned his lesson about going to far ahead.  He was very glad he was the one carrying the food and said he wanted to continue doing that. 



Somehow the girls from across the street came to our house.  Nyla asked if she could go over there ane we reluctantly agreed but they came over to our house instead.  I saw them with Cora's stuffed animal and Nyla came inside to mention something about giving it to them.  I told Nyla she was not allowed to give away Cora's present.  Nyla rectified the situation but they came in and took some balloons instead.  I don't know if there was much playing going on because Nyla seemed to be be spending a lot of time with Buddy and I telling us random stuff.  At one point Bohdin came up upset and told us they had taken some Playmobil toys.  When Bohdin saw them walking off with it he said he asked them if they were taking it and they apparently said yes.  Buddy went over and rescued the toys.  The girls are not coming over again.  I had a talk with Nyla and compared their behavior with the Lego League kids.  I hope she will learn from this experience. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: