After saying goodbye to Curious George the kids played a bit. Bohdin didn't want to do the little kid area so I let him go off by himself. I wasn't sure how well it would work but it turned out fine. He stayed in the area he was instructed to. Nyla and Cora had fun playing on the plane together and went down the slide side by side. There were a large number of sick kids in the general vicinity. I predicted one of the kids would be sick for Halloween and I was right. Cora developed a cold helped along by running around outside in inappropriate clothing. She hates any sort of outerwear and getting her to wear even a long sleeve shirt can be iffy.
The cousins arrived Tuesday evening. It's been almost two years since we've seen them so it was really wonderful to have them here. It took Nyla a little while to warm up. She didn't remember her cousins at all but within a few hours she was cuddled up on the couch with one of them watching a movie.
Wednesday was Lego League day and we couldn't really miss it. It was at M-'s house. The kids were playing and Nyla found an old Mickey Mouse costume. The mom explained that it was the only costume she had saved from when they were little. Cora wanted to put it on and it fit perfectly. She offered to loan it to her but I declined because I didn't want to ruin a costume that she cherished. I had an extremely difficult time getting Cora out of it. She cried and didn't stop crying. It was a struggle to get her into the car seat. I drove off and she was still crying. I pulled over to call the Disney store about buying one but they had already sold the last one. I turned around so I could borrow the costume.
We met the cousins at the Science Museum for a little while. We couldn't stay long because Cora would need a nap if she wanted to go trick or treating especially since she wasn't feeling well. The plan that night was to meet up with G-'s family just like in previous years. We went to their neighborhood but didn't bump into them. I'm glad because Bohdin and Nyla were able to be with their cousins without interference. They had so much fun. Nyla couldn't find her Tangled dress which I later found in my closet so she decided to go as Santa girl.
The cousins had to leave late Thursday morning. We were sad to see them go. I hope it's not two years before we see them again.

1 comment:
I had wondered why Nyla didn't have Tangled on! Tho Christmas for Halloween was fun!
Post a Comment