I had a request for the kids' Christmas list and after many hours spent searching Nyla narrowed down her choice to the one she absolutely loved. She found a Tangled doll and wanted it bad. She wanted it so much that she did jobs around the house for money. Washing windows and scrubbing floors made hardly a dent in the amount she needed. While her desire to work abated her desire for the doll did not.
On Sunday we went to Costco and Cora had a peek of Minnie near the front of the store. She was nuts. I thought she was just tired but Nyla eventually convinced me to go the toy section. It turns out that Cora had just wanted a better look at the Minnie thing she had briefly seen. After looking at that she discovered the giant 48" plush Minne and Mickey. She was in love and told me repeatedly "I love Minnie". I wasn't sure we would make it out of the store without a huge fuss about not getting Minnie. Nyla offered to buy it for her with the money she had saving up for her beloved Tangled doll. That giant Minnie actually costs more than Nyla's doll but Nyla is determined to get her that Minnie. I was touched by Nyla's generosity. We made it out of the store without a Minnie and I think I convinced them both that something smaller would be better. I hope I did. Just to be safe I should go to Costco by myself until Christmas.
No comments:
Post a Comment