Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Baking Day



Cora read a bedtime story to Nyla.  It was all gibberish but very cute.


Yesterday was baking day for Bohdin.  He really enjoys this part of his schoolwork so even though I told him to bake one thing he baked two.  He started with bread.  He is still in the learning phase so I had to supervise him and help when needed.  I deal with the oven but I also help him check the dough and other things.  Cora was very impatient for the bread and started crying out for some before it was done baking.

Bohdin decided on a cake for the next project.  The bread was cooling so Nyla and Cora had nothing to occupy themselves except trying to sneak batter or complain about not having bread yet.  Bohdin discovered that if he turned the mixer around, air would blow on them which delighted them.








Last week after a bath Nyla got dressed but Cora went downstairs without any clothes.  Buddy saw them and called out "Hey naked baby." to Cora.  Nyla said "She's not naked.  She's wearing a bandaid.".

Today was Lego League. It is Nyla's favorite day of the week and she tells me all of the time. Nyla seemed to have a lot of fun today and so did Bohdin.  A mom commented that Bohdin has more confidence this year.  She's right.  Bohdin is way more confident and comfortable with social situations.  


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hope you had a good birthday, Helen.
Good looking bread and cake!