Friday, September 28, 2012

Magic Kingdom



I kept meaning to get Bohdin and Nyla's words but I haven't yet.  Magic Kingdom was our last day at Disney World and our last day before leaving.  Nyla's number one goal for this trip was to meet Tangled which is her name for Rapunzel from the Tangled movie.  We didn't stop to meet her first.  The first stop was Big Thunder Mountain but it wasn't open yet so Buddy and the kids did Splash Mountain.  I hung out with Cora and gave her breakfast.  I carried her out of the hotel room sleeping that morning so she hadn't eaten yet.  Splash Mountain is a long ride and even though the kids wanted to do it again I nixed it in favor of something new.  We could always come back with FastPasses.  Big Thunder Mountain had opened up so I took Bohdin and Nyla.  It didn't seem that Nyla liked it that much but as the ride ended she said they should rename the ride to "Wee Mountian".  She wanted to get right back on and she did with Buddy.  Bohdin went along as well but he didn't care for the ride quite as much especially after riding a second time.

We headed across the park and did a few more attractions.  The kids loved the new Dumbo waiting area and didn't want to leave to ride Dumbo.









When I came with two year old Nyla she was scared of dark rides.  Cora didn't have that issue.  She did really well on everything.  The only thing she didn't like was being left behind because she was too short.

Bohdin really wanted to play the new sorcerer card game so we picked up a deck of cards.  Buddy and Bohdin split off to do that while I took Nyla and Cora to meet Tangled and Mickey.  Mickey is right next door to the princesses and with a posted wait time of 15 minutes I thought we could drop in quickly with our FastPasses and say goodbye.  That line was so long and it is set up in a way that one can't tell that there is a very long wait in front.  Waiting in that line was my worst Disney experience.  We were there a good 30 minutes so we could see Mickey for 30 seconds.  I had to rush Nyla through because our princess FastPass was about to expire.  We hurried over to the princess entrance and got in line behind the other people.  After about 10 minutes a giant group of people came   in.  They weren't together.  There was a just a large influx of people all at once.  They didn't get in line behind me.  After several minutes I realized that they were in the FastPass line.  It had been empty when I walked in so I didn't even notice it.  I jumped over to the other line even though I was really close to getting in already.  It saved me a few minutes but it put me in an even worse mood after the Mickey wait.



The first princess was Cinderella.  Nyla didn't really care about her or Belle, the other princess in the room, but it is set up so that you sort of need to see all three or be really rude and decline.  Nyla spent a few minutes talking to Cinderella.  Once the pictures were over, Cinderella came over and thanked me for coming.  She was so amazing and lovely that my bad attitude disappeared.  If she was real I would choose her as a friend.



Nyla was really excited to meet Rapunzel.  She wore the dress to surprise her.  Tangled joked around with her that they looked so much alike that Nyla could take her place so she could go ride Splash Mountain.  I don't think Nyla understood the joke completely.  They talked for a few minutes and took some pictures and that was it.  We left for a much needed break.



Cora had a tough time getting to sleep for her nap.  It was late by the time she finally fell asleep and as  a result we went back to Magic Kingdom a good hour later than we intended.  We did a few more attractions.  Nyla was sad that she was too short for Space Mountain.  Bohdin rode it but did not like it at all.  We did the comedy show and it was so funny.  We lucked out.  There was a little kid there that said really random things and the monsters reaction to it was hilarious.






I took a picture of Bohdin on the ferry ride back to the parking lot.  I think he looks really tired.



The next morning we had one more pass left to use.  We voted in the car and everybody but Nyla voted for mini golf.  I wish we had listened to her because it was so hot and humid.  We were sweaty and didn't have that much fun.



We left right after the mini golf and made really good progress.  Cora did really well in the car and we made it past the halfway point.  It was 10pm when we stopped in northern Georgia.  I got out of the car and felt the first cool air I had felt in over a week.  It was amazing.

The next day we drove home with a break at the science museum in Nashville.  We've had a lot of use of the reciprocal museum deal this summer.  We made it home before 4 without incident.  It was a long trip and good to be back home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: