Sunday, September 23, 2012

Animal Kingdom



There are a handful of things Bohdin remembers well from his last trip to Disney World 2.5 years ago when he was five.  The first is the orange exhibit at the science museum and the second is that he didn't get his last stamp from the booklet at Animal Kingdom.  Friday we went to the science museum.  We had a later start than we should have and by the time we arrived it was quite busy.  Bohdin didn't like that there were so many kids there.  Nyla and Cora liked it and we stayed in that area for a while.  There was a pirate thing going on that day and the kids were given some pirate treasure in a bag which they really liked.  We couldn't stay too long because Cora was getting tired and I was getting tired of keeping her in check. 






Saturday was Animal Kingdom day.  We didn't quite get there in time for opening but we were pretty close.  Our first stop was the safari.  Then we started collecting the stamps.  They have stations set up for kids who have to do something like a scavenger hunt or looking at replica dinosaur bones.  One of the stations was closed that day so we automatically received the stamp for that stop.  It helped our timeline. 

Buddy really enjoyed the bird show last time and wanted to see it again.  I was okay with skipping it but the timing worked out that I ended up going.  Buddy moved Nyla and Cora to a different area so they could see better while I stayed with Bohdin.  Last time I went I struggled with a two year old Nyla.  This time I was able to just watch the show and I liked it a lot better than last time.  Buddy said he didn't enjoy it as much. 



Next up was Kali River Rapids.  Bohdin loved this ride and did it three times.  Cora was too little so Buddy and I traded off.  When Bohdin was going for his third time I took the girls across the park to see Lion King but Cora fell asleep in the stroller.  The park had become very hot and crowded by this time and I made my way back to Buddy while looking for ice cream for Nyla.  We stayed in the park while Cora slept and piddled around.  Buddy and the kids rode Dinosaur, the kids earned more stamps, and we all sat down to eat our food.  It started raining after Cora woke up and we headed to Nemo indoors.  It was raining even harder.  Even with the ponchos it was a little wet.  The heavy rain turned into a light drizzle and eventually stopped.  We stuck it out and stayed until the park closed at 6.  We were all exhausted.


















Bohdin - The things I liked were Dinosaur, the Festival of the Lion King, and collecting stamps.  I also liked riding the train and Kali River Rapids.  That was my favorite thing.  It was really fun and this is how it went.  First you went up a hill and then there was a fountain.  Then you went on a flat area for a little bit and then there was a drop and it was best not to be on the bottom because you got the wettest there.  Then you went a little way down what seemed like a river and then there was a bridge to go under and two stone elephants started squirting water when a raft went by.

Nyla - I hated meeting the animals and I also hated doing Dinosaur. On Dinosaur I could hear a big blue dinosaur roaring with a spiky horn in its back.  And then I hid my eyes.   I liked riding the train and I also liked getting stamps.  I also liked doing the Lion King show and also Nemo.  I'm glad we went home.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: