Thursday, September 6, 2012

Ta Da




Nyla watching the deer leave our yard.  Either the deer know how to open the gate or the wind is opening it for them.  Since they can easily jump the fence it doesn't really matter.  It was a mom with two baby deer this time.


Cora sticking her tongue out.


Last week Cora insisted that we watch her do whatever popped into her head.  It was mostly running and jumping off the couch.  Afterward she would say ta da!  Most of her stunts we did not approve of.    She climbed the small ladder and balanced on one foot, she jumped from the couch to the coffee table, and various other things.  She hasn't done it in several days which I think is a good thing.  One of the girls from Lego League today was practicing hand stands and Cora watched intently.  She thought about copying but couldn't figure out how to get her legs off the ground.  I bet if she had she would have said ta da.



We had some of our favorite visitors over the weekend.  Buddy's grandmother, aunt, and uncle arrived late Sunday afternoon.  Nyla nearly died from impatience.  She even called once to find out how much longer until they arrived.  It was just a short visit but it was lovely as always.  On Monday we went to the Kentucky Derby Museum which had long been on my places to visit list.  I had heard good things about it but was a little skeptical.  I was very pleasantly surprised.  The museum was a lot of fun.  We spent several hours there and didn't see it all.  Cora's favorite part was the horse video game.  She did that one a lot.  It's a good thing that it was not a busy day.  I think my favorite part was the betting display.  There was a computer screen with the horses for the upcoming race as well as their odds.  A horse was chosen for first, second, and third place.  Then a tv screen shows that actual race from years ago and then you find out what you would have won.  It would have been even better with more complex bids possible but I still liked it.  It probably helped that I was the big winner with $13.10 in hypothetical winnings.   It was a really wonderful museum.




















A few hours after returning from the Derby Museum, Nyla went nuts.  She was tired and fell asleep in her room for a little while and when we woke her up she was a beast.  She screamed and cried for quite some time.  In some ways, being five is difficult for her.  She's been more emotional the past month.  She is also becoming way more independent.  This morning she yelled at me but apologized seconds later.  She was crying and saying sorry.  Cora has picked up on this behavior and twice today she has told me sorry.  I've already forgotten the first incident but the second time I was syncing the ipod and Cora wouldn't stop touching the cord even though I told her to stop touching it numerous times.  I finally moved her away from it into Buddy's arms.  Cora was so sad.  Eventually she came over to me crying and saying sorry over and over.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. Looks like a fun outting! Kids are so handsome/pretty!