Sunday, September 23, 2012

Hollywood Studios



Our first stop was Disney's Hollywood Studios.  I discovered that they opened the park differently than the last time we were there and actually opened the park 15 minutes prior to the stated opening time.  We were there in time for the early opening and it was awesome.  We rode Toy Story before the park officially opened.  We rode three times in a row I think before we moved on to something else.  Crowds were pretty light that whole day except at Fantasmic.

After Nyla and I watched Beauty and the Beast I let her explore the park.  She had complained of our fast touring style and wanted to slow down and look around.  She wandered to the big sorcerer's hat which I discovered sold hats. 






After one last time on Toy Story before heading back to the hotel for a break I noticed the green Army men scaring people.  I watched a little kid freak out when he found out that what looked like a statue actually moved.  I ran over to Nyla who was just around the corner with Buddy getting the stroller.  I thought she would like it.  She stood next to him for a picture and he didn't move at all.  When she came up to me he came up behind her.  She turned around and screamed in delight.  We had to stay and watch other people get scared.  She loved it. 





Back at the hotel, Cora took a nap and Buddy took the kids to the lazy river.  The picture was taken from our balcony on the 14th floor. 



We went back to Hollywood Studios after a few hour break.  Buddy and I split up again so Nyla could meet characters and Bohdin wouldn't be bored.  He doesn't like meeting characters so he went to stunt car show instead.  Nyla met Mickey, Pooh, and Mulan.  She could have done more but she wasn't interested.  Mary Poppins, Captain Hook, the Incredibles, and one other character was there. 






Cora loved this doll and kept coming back to it.


Bohdin really wanted to do Star Tours but I didn't think he should.  Buddy got motion sickness from it last time and he doesn't get motion sickness as easily as Bohdin.  He tried it despite my advice and loved it.  I'm so glad he didn't listen to me.  He did it three times and convinced Nyla and I to try it.  I didn't like it and had to close my eyes but Nyla liked it.  We were pretty tired but decided to go to Fantasmic anyway.  It was the right decision. 



Bohdin - We did Toy Story Mania about four times.  My favorite thing was Star Tours.  I went on it three times.  Nyla and mommy did it once and daddy did it twice.  I also liked the Muppet Vision 3D.  I also liked the Indiana Jones show and the car stunt show.  I also liked Disney Jr on stage and the Fantasmic show.  I liked all of it.

Nyla - The soldier when I went to take my picture with him and I was done.  One forward step and his hands were forward and when I walked away and I turned around I noticed.  It was very good.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

photos didn't show up on this post
Have been enjoying seeing all about your trip, thanks for posting