Friday, October 12, 2012

Birthday



Last week was my birthday.  I had plans for spending some nice time by myself but it didn't work out.  Nyla woke up with money burning a hole in her pocket and she had to go to the toy store or she may burst into flames.  Nyla isn't too bad to take along so I thought I could make a quick stop there but then Cora saw us leaving and wanted to come as well.  A local fabric store offers a discount on your birthday so we stopped there first.  Cora pooped while we were in the store.  I cleaned her up but I didn't have an extra diaper.  I told her to tell me if she needed to go potty. 

The next stop was the toy store.  Nyla didn't have a lot of money and had trouble finding anything she could afford.  Cora had run off to play with something else and when I went to check on her she told me she had pooped.  It was a big poop smeared all down her leg.  I cleaned her up and wrapped her up in my light sweater.  It's a good thing I had been wearing layers that day.  I told Nyla that we had to go.  Trader Joes was just down the road and Bohdin needed some ingredients to make me a cake.  I had Nyla take off her underwear so Cora could have them and I wrapped a piece of fabric around Cora.  It was better than naked.  We rushed through the store.

When we came home I needed to help Bohdin make my cake.   He had been playing on the computer earlier so he was a bit preoccupied.  He wandered off at times and left me to do the work myself.  Eventually it was done and it looked wonderful.  Nyla decorated it with flowers from the yard.

After dinner Nyla noticed I didn't have any presents so she made me a doll.  She also made me a card and a few other paper things but they didn't photograph well. 


Saturday was the neighborhood yard sale and with Nyla still having a strong urge to spend money I took the girls around the neighborhood.  At our second house she found a doll she loved.  It was a Native American doll from Hallmark.  Nyla named her Pretty.  Pretty has been all over town the past week and I was even comissioned to make a bed for her.  Nyla seems to have fading interest in her.  Maybe it's too hard to fight with Cora.  Every time Nyla loves something Cora has to have it too.  As soon as Nyla loses interest so does Cora. 


Saturday night we went to the Halloween thing at the zoo.  It was pretty cold Saturday night so I thought it would be less busy.  Between the weather, the early date and our late arrival, the crowds were amazing.  Sometimes it felt like we were the only ones there.  It was way better than last time when it was so crowded we could only move forward once the person in front of us had moved.  I was tired and didn't feel like bringing the camera but I wish I had.  This year they had costumed characters to take pictures with.  The first ones we saw were Cinderella, Snow White, and Rapunzel.  Nyla was thrilled to see Tangled and had a bit of a chat with her.  She hardly glanced at the other princesses.  Nyla think we ought to go back to the zoo with our camera.

On Monday I left Cora at home with Buddy and took Bohdin and Nyla to a meeting of the junior history society.  The meeting was boring but after an hour the kids were allowed to play colonial games.  The kids did like that.  Since the meeting was at a library I went out to look for a new audio book.  We stayed for two hours total.  Bohdin had a lot of fun playing with the kids.  Nyla had less fun because she kept getting caught while playing London Bridge.  Her favorite part was seeing S- from Lego League.  She adores S-.




Wednesday was Lego League but this time we had it at somebody else's house.  We have no legos so it made sense during the building phase to have it at M- and W-'s house since they have a ton of legos.  Nyla made a card for S- and played with her quite a bit.  We all had a lot of fun there.  I hope we stay there even after the building phase is over.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: