Monday, March 11, 2013

More Parties


This is the Mickey Mouse that Nyla made for Cora.


Nyla drew a picture of her family.  She does a ton of art.  We have a closet dedicatetd to art and she is frequently found in there.


This is Cora's painting.  She paints several times per week and paints the same sort of thing every time.  Her favorite color is orange so they sometimes turn out orange.  Sometimes they just become a brown blob from mixing all the colors together on the paper.  She insists on covering the entire piece of paper.


Nyla and Cora have been playing ballerina a lot.  Nyla styled Cora and wanted me to take a picture.

The girls put on another dancing performance on Saturday. 

Bohdin and Nyla get out of school early most Fridays.  Last Friday we went to Leavenworth to find birthday presents since both kids were invited to a birthday party on Sunday.  We stopped at the local toy store and the local book store.  Leavenworth is a small old town which is a nice change of pace.  Afterward we walked to the corner pharmacy which still has a soda fountain.  We tried all four flavors of the phosphates and the kids only liked one.  They weren't very sweet and I explained to Bohdin how we eat more sugar than generations past and our taste buds are used to more sugar.  I told him it was possible to retrain his taste buds and he loved the idea.  He decided to give up sugar until Easter.  Saturday he accidentally cheated and he had a piece of birthday cake on Sunday because he said it would have been impolite to decline.  I don't know how well he will do in school today.  They get a snack each day and it is almost always sugary.  He took peas in as a substitue.  Tomorrow I'm repsonsible for the snacks and I'll take in fruit.

Friday night we also went to a game night at the local chapel.  I thought it was a neighborhood event but it was actually a women's Bible study event.  Bohdin was the only boy.  They had free child care and we were already there so we stayed for a while.  Nyla loved being in child care because her best friend from school, I-, was also there.  Bohdin and I played a game with somebody who lives in the building across from us.  I only knew her and the person who had told me about the event.  It was fine and I love being able to walk to these things.  I think I drive less overall now than I did in Kentucky.  When I need to go to a big store like Target or Costco I have to drive further but everything else is as close or closer.  Buddy hardly drives at all since he walks to class. 

Nyla attended C-'s 6th birthday at Chuckie Cheese while Bohdin had attended a birthday party at a bounce place in Leavenworth.  I took Nyla while Buddy took Bohdin and Cora.  Nyla has been dreaming of having her birthday at Chuckie Cheese and attending one confirmed it for her.  She had so much fun.  I thought it was loud and crazy but that's Nyla's thing.  She thought it was perfect.  Buddy said that Cora had a lot of fun on the slide at the bounce house and Bohdin reported a good time. 


A lot of the girls that Nyla is friends with like Hello Kitty.  Nyla has never shown the tiniest bit of interest in Hello Kitty prior to moving here but now she likes it.  I basically told her stop being a copy cat and she told me that she has always loved Hello Kitty.  She was born that way and couldn't change. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

reducing sugar in your diet? way to go, Bohdin! More walking for the entire family? Well done. That Kitty has always been a favorite of mine, too!

Anonymous said...

Do without ALL sweeteners for awhile and then go try the phosphate again. It will seem MUCH sweeter than before.
Very hard thing to do, good luck!!
Nyla grew taller than her dress...sigh, sniff, sigh
I love Cora's paintings!