Monday, March 4, 2013

Third Snow



The third snow arrived before the first had melted.  School was cancelled on Tuesday and Wednesday which made a total of four days cancelled in two weeks.  I don't know how much snow came the second time around.  I saw on the news that the total snow fall for the season was around 24 inches.  Almost 21 inches of that was from these two storms.  The snow amount shattered the old February record by a lot.  The previous record for February was 11 inches.  Nyla was stuck inside with a horrible case of the stoamch thing that has been going around.  She was very sick and very high maintenance.  She wanted me with her almost around the clock.  The two times I handed her off to Buddy she fell asleep while Cora pooped or threw up.  Bohdin played with the neighbor boy for two of the days.  By the end of the week it seemed like all of the kids were done playing in the snow.  There is still snow on the ground but I haven't seen a kid playing in it in many days. 

Bohdin went back to school on Thrusday but Nyla stayed home.  It was the first day she actually seemed better.  We went to the library and did a few things around here.  I broke the school's policy and sent her to school on Friday even though she had diarrhea the day before.  She was feeling fine and it was a short day anyway.  Today she told me one of the kids in her reading class threw up just before starting stations.  It's really going around here.  I'm glad Buddy, Bohdin, and I escaped it.  I've heard a lot of vomit and diarrhea stories at the bus stop.


Nyla sledded for just a few minutes before she became tired.  She wasn't feeling well enough yet to play.


Last week I had Bohdin make bread.  Nyla was feeling left out and wondered when I would get a chance to try Nyla bread.  Then Cora wanted to join as well.  Nyla sifted the flour and Cora just played around with measuring.  I was actually pretty impressed with how well she measured a spoonful of flour.  The bread didn't turn out well so we won't make that recipe again. 



Friday is early release day and I thought the kids might like going to Kansas City. I wanted to stop at Half Price Books to look for a book for Bohdin.  He has a few of the books in the series but wanted to read more.  The local libraries don't have the book and neither does the school library.  We were lucky enough to find one.  We also had hamburgers and stopped at Costco. 

Sunday morning we were treated to a ballerina show with horses.  I think they look so big in these pictures. 






Buddy took Bohdin and Nyla to the science museum on Sunday.  Cora stayed home with me because she still naps and acts like a two year old.  They were gone of for a long time and had a lot of fun.  They finally crossed the sky bridge from Union Station to Crown Center which Nyla has been wanting to do for about a month now. 
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

In the ballet photo Nyla does look like she grew 5 inches taller! Are you sure Cora is still just 2?
Thanks for sharing the photos.

Anonymous said...

Great pictures. The girls look beautiful in their dance costumes.