Nyla had dental surgery early Friday morning. Buddy stayed home with Bohdin while the girls went to the new children's hospital. Everything went really smoothly for her. I was a little weepy because I couldn't help but think what it was like when I went under anesthesia. I was scared it would be the same for her. One of the anesthetists came out and told me that she went under really smoothly. After I heard that I could relax. Well sort of. When we arrived at the hospital Cora woke up. I put her in the carrier and she was awake while I was registering. She had a gigantic poop and then fell asleep. It was so busy up until the time they took Nyla away that I never had a chance to change her diaper. Once Nyla was gone I had to wake a sleeping baby. The only flat surface in the room was the floor, my lap, and the chair I was sitting in. I thought I could change her while she was in my lap. The poop was more than I bargained for. A bit of poop ended up on Cora's clothes while I was trying to clean her up. I was fighting a losing battle and took her to the nice deep sink where I put her butt under the water. It's what I should have done in the beginning. So now Cora's clothes were a little dirty but I didn't have a change of clothes for her. She stayed up for about 30 minutes then went back to sleep. She woke up on occasion to eat and would fall right back to sleep. I read most of the time. At one point Cora woke up and ate a bit. I used Nyla's side which was really full since she couldn't nurse that morning. After nursing a bit I sat Cora up on my knee facing away from me. We sat for a few minutes and I watched a bit of tv. Then a gush of throw up came out of Cora. It soaked her clothes, my books on the floor, and my bags. It was everywhere. She seemed fine but now I couldn't keep her in a vomit and poop covered outfit so I put Nyla's shirt on her. I was thinking that Cora was trying to make the blog post about her. Nyla was back in surgery for over 3 hours. I was able to see her as soon as she woke up. She did surprisingly well. Once again she was docile and agreeable. I missed my animated and feisty Nyla. We came home and Nyla was grumpy quite a bit the rest of the day. The only thing that cheered her up was seeing Bohdin.
During Nyla's surgery Bohdin went to soccer practice. Buddy was off for Veteran's day. Bohdin is learning a lot of skills in soccer. We are going to enroll him again in January. The building isn't that pretty but I think they do a good job teaching him. He likes it and practices at home. Even Nyla is learning. She puts her foot on top of the ball to stop it just like Bohdin. The pictures below are prior to practice when Bohdin was just playing around.


After soccer practice Bohdin and Buddy went to a local mineral, gem, and fossil show. Bohdin loves that sort of stuff and had a great time. He came home with two geodes.
I expect the kids to take care of each other and Friday I saw them in action. Bohdin has discovered that Cora's favorite song is Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. When we came home for the hospital Nyla was tired and wanted to nurse. I had to pee first. She and Cora were on the bed and Cora started crying. Even though Nyla wasn't feeling that great she went over to Cora and sang Twinkle Twinkle. Nyla was grumpy until Bohdin came home and he cheered her up in seconds.
Yesterday we attended Gavin's birthday party at the Derby Dinner Playhouse. The kids enjoyed seeing Gavin and the show. We haven't seen enough of Gavin since he started school. In fact we've only seen him once for a few minutes since September.
No comments:
Post a Comment