"Daddy I am glad you are home" Bohdin doesn't feel compelled to complete a word on one line. I was pleased to see that he spelled am and glad correctly since he has learned to spell both of those words. Yesterday I was asking Bohdin about schoolwork. He says he doesn't like doing it but he does like what he learns. He enjoys the results but not the process. I don't think it was a critique of our methods. I think of it the same way I think of cleaning. I don't like cleaning but I like how the house looks afterward.
Nyla went to the pediatrician yesterday for her pre dental surgery checkup. It was funny telling them the reason she was going the anesthesia route was because she is so uncooperative. She could not have been more cooperative at her doctor appointment. It was like anti-Nyla was there instead. She sat quietly for her entire appointment with her head slightly bowed. She quickly and quietly did everything that was asked of her. When we drove to Buddy's office we saw bags and bags of leaves everywhere. I piled up the back of the minivan so the kids could have fun when we got home. They loved it. We also invited the neighbor girls over to our leaf pile. Bohdin had a lot of fun playing with them. They are both six. They will need to come over more often. I'm not sure why we waited this long.
I refer to Nyla as my special Nyla. Whenever anybody playfully threatens to eat her she cries out in alarm "but then mommy won't have a special Nyla anymore!". The other day Nyla was laying next to me while Cora was sitting on my lap. I called Cora my special Cora. Nyla started crying. I thought that she was sad that I used special to describe Cora when it was usually reserved for Nyla but that was not the problem. Nyla told me that Cora was HER special Cora not mine. Eventually we agreed to share. I hope she can make the same agreement with Bohdin because right now she does not do a good job of sharing Cora with him.

1 comment:
She sounds like such a sweet big sister :) Glad she decided to share Cora with you.
Post a Comment