Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Pink

Monday we did some stuff out in town. Just before arriving home Nyla fell asleep. I took Cora out first and then came back for Nyla. When I tried to pick Nyla up without waking her I failed as usual. She opened her eyes and said "I have a pink train". About 30 minutes later she asked me if I could make everything pink. It makes me wonder what sort of pink dream she had.

Bohdin and Cora woke up early yesterday morning. Bohdin took a bath and then came in for a story. I stayed upstairs with Cora while Bohdin went downstairs. He lined up the shoes by the door, put the clean dishes, practiced writing the letter s, and emptied the dryer all without being asked. When the next load of laundry was done he and Nyla put it into the dryer without any prompting from me. Buddy says this shows what he is capable of doing. I wish every morning was like this. Bohdin and Cora were up earlier than Nyla again. Cora is sitting in my lap and Bohdin is reading.

Gavin came over yesterday afternoon for a few hours. The kids had done art in the morning but did more when Gavin came. They wanted to do art again in the evening but I had reached my daily limit of cleaning up paint and art supplies. Bohdin and Nyla had a lot of fun with Gavin. In addition to painting, they played castle and slide in the living room with the cushions, raced around the house with the balloon, and then did some quieter stuff in the basement. The quieter stuff was a nice relief from the messy and loud stuff.





Nyla has been complaining recently that she needs to be carried because her feet are too tired. To illustrate her point she will jump in the air and dramatically fall to the ground. This morning she is grumpy and complained that she couldn't walk because her feet didn't have electricity. Even after I gave her special electric socks she still couldn't' come downstairs. I hear her coming down now. Apparently they are finally working.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice "painting" behind the kids in the picture where the 3 of them are doing art