These pictures were taken on Wednesday. While Bohdin and I were doing schoolwork Nyla and Cora were playing together. Cora is at the age where she wants to touch everything Nyla touches and do everything Nyla does. For the most part, Nyla is taking this pretty well. Sometimes she doesn't like doing art with Cora because she tends to ruin the painting. I actually think Cora does really well with art. Cora did the craft at story time in the morning which was pasting and coloring a snowman. I pasted for her but she colored. I really liked it. I'll have to take a picture of it. After Nyla got mad that Cora was ruining her painting they found something else to do. They built blocks, sat on the sit and spin, and then moved on to the spinny office chair. I don't usually get such a nice block of uninterrupted time. I glanced over at the them spinning together in the chair and almost told Nyla to stop spinning for a while but Nyla seemed fine and I figured if she wasn't dizzy then Cora would be okay. About 30 seconds later, Cora started vomiting. Her spinning tolerance appears to be lower than Nyla's. I should have known because this is not the first time this has happened. Bohdin's school time was paused and we had to finish up later.
That smiley face was Wednesday's face. Thursday she was taken over by the bad mood alien. Cora likes to wear shoes and if the closet door is left open she will try to grab her "oosh" as she calls them. The problem is that she wants them on and off at the same time. It is frustrating. Thursday began with a case of the shoe on/offs and only went downhill. Nyla told me several times in the morning that I should put Cora to sleep because she was so grumpy. By the time she woke up from her nap her world had collapsed. She wanted to be held but not held. She wanted a drink but didn't want a drink. She wanted to nurse but didn't want to nurse. She had a bad case of the I want it but don't want its. She cried and cried and cried. It's Friday night and I am still recovering from that nightmare day. Today was okay again. I don't know what happened but I hope it never happens again. The only unusual thing that happened was that she developed a rash Wednesday evening. It was gone by Thursday morning.
Today was a beautiful today. I've been making the kids take advantage of our unusually sunny and warm winter. Bohdin became increasingly sick throughout the day so by the end of the day he was inside resting while Nyla, Cora, and I enjoyed the weather. Bohdin started the day with a runny nose and developed a fever this evening.

No comments:
Post a Comment