Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Sunny

We've had a mild winter but I didn't think it was quite warm enough for bathing suits and water play yesterday. Bohdin and Nyla disagreed. They thought the sunny 53 degree weather was a perfect time to splash themselves with water. After 30 minutes or so they did get cold and came outside. I found them outside when Cora woke up from her nap. She didn't have long to play before the other kids wanted to come inside.





Nyla missed both birthday parties this weekend. Once was cancelled because the birthday girl was sick and the other we didn't attend because I wasn't sure if Nyla was getting sick. I didn't want to infect the birthday girl or any of the guests. Nyla did develop a very slight cold on Sunday but it wasn't more than a stuffy nose for a few hours. I developed the same thing on Sunday and thought it would be as mild as Nyla's case. Unfortunately I was hit harder. My nose is still runny after and I was sneezing a lot yesterday. Hopefully Buddy misses out on it since he is out of town.

I told Buddy this weekend that I wouldn't be surprised if Nyla learns to read at a younger age than Bohdin. He was surprised. Nyla has been working hard learning her letters this year. She is way way behind where Bohdin was at this age but I think she has the ability to pass him. It took Bohdin a long time to make the leap between knowing his letters and letter sounds to actually reading. It's possible that Nyla will put it together faster. She is motivated to read because she sees Bohdin reading so often. He hates reading out loud so he rarely reads to her. Bohdin started reading when he was nearly six so Nyla has a bit over a year to prove me right or wrong.

I tried to sneak a shower yesterday morning without anybody realizing.  I don't like company in the shower but Cora and Nyla like to ask.  Cora saw me in there but decided to play instead. U was feeling pretty happy about not being bothered. She wandered in and out of the bathroom quitely.  When I got out of the shower, Cora handed me my glasses which she had found on the counter.  While I was in the shower she managed to bend the frame completely out of shape.  I was worried that I wouldn't be able to fix it but I was able to gently pry it back into shape.  There is still a bit of a problem with the joint but I feel lucky that they didn't break while I was trying to ease it back into shape. 
Posted by Picasa

No comments: