9:07am Bohdin was the first one awake. He crawled into bed and laid quietly for who knows how long. Cora was the next one to wake up and she woke Nyla and I up. In the morning Nyla likes to grab Cora's hand and hold it. This morning Cora grabbed Nyla's hand. That part probably didn't wake her up. It was most likely the time that she crawled over Nyla to get to Bohdin. I was so tired. I ran a fever through the night and didn't sleep well. I woke up just after 3 and could not get back to sleep. It was close to two and half hours later that I finally fell asleep. I woke up 15 minutes later after having another bad dream. My fitful sleep affected Nyla and she woke up tired. After laying in bed for a while wishing I could go back to sleep we all got out of bed. Bohdin took a pillowcase off a pillow and used it for a sack race. Nyla wanted a turn and then Bohdin tried to give Cora a turn but she didn't care for it.
10:03am I was trying to clean up the kitchen after breakfast and get the dishwasher started. Cora was sad that I put her down sometimes. It's a lot faster to clean the kitchen with two hand than one. Cora didn't care.
10:08 After breakfast, Bohdin and Nyla went downstairs to play Playmobil. Bohdin had a bit of playtime before school work but it is never enough in his eyes. He always asks to put off school until later. Some days we do and some days we don't. Today we did two subjects before he could take a break.He chose math and music. Math was slow today because Bohdin did all of the writing. Often I write down his answers because it is much faster. Bohdin is learning to play the recorder. I told him last week that if he learned I would consider piano lessons which is what he really wants. I'm testing his dedication. So far I'm not impressed. He hardly practiced at all on his own last week.
11:11am. Nyla is doing her school work while Bohdin is taking a break. She loves doing Zippy the Zebra and begs for it. In the picture Nyla is painting the letter N. Zippy had to take a break because Cora pooped and I had to deal with that. Cora was being disruptive so I told Bohdin to take her outside. When Nyla saw them outside she wanted to stop doing school and go outside. We finished everything I had planned anyway which was the letter N, handwriting practice, and number review. It doesn't take long.
11:35 The kids play outside while I clean and get lunch ready.
12:16 It's lunchtime. I usually read to at both and breakfast and lunch. We've started an American history through literature study so we had to read that book. There was also a science book planned for today. Then the kids were able to pick out their own choices.
1:00 Cora is asleep. Bohdin is watching "How Things Are Made" on tv and Nyla is in the basement doing Peep. I spend nap time with Cora. It is my quiet time of the day when I can get on the internet, read a book, or watch something from the DVR.
1:39 Once his show is over Bohdin goes down to the basement to play. Nyla does Starfall on the computer for a while and then plays with Bohdin.
2:55 Cora looks at the toys that have been set up while she sleeps. She has already destroyed one area and is looking for another.
3:05 It's time for Bohdin to get back to work. He's working on his spelling in this picture. Last week I implemented a new system and it is going really well. We set the timer for 20 minutes and do what we can. It seems like we spend less time now but we do a lot more review. I think the timer keeps him from dawdling like he used to. Bohdin went from hating spelling to liking it more. He's retaining more and is happier. While Bohdin is doing spelling, Nyla and Cora are spinning in the chair. I had them come off and took a picture of them together in the sun. After spelling Bohdin had writing. Drucilla called while I was setting it up. I told her I would call her back soon. Once Bohdin had dictated the sentence that he needed to write I called her back. Bohdin wanted to do his writing outside. It had warmed up since earlier and the kids had a good time playing outside.
4:32 While I was outside I noticed that the spring bulbs were coming up. I was able to get a little weeding down as well. Those weeds are sprouting also.
5:11 Dinner time. Bohdin reads a few books while Nyla eats. Cora is happy because I'm carrying her.
5:26 Nyla ate quickly and wants to play. Bohdin has a hard time sitting down to eat because he just wants to play.He is pulling Nyla and Cora on a sleeping bag through the kitchen. Later they will use it as a sort of slip and slide on the tile. Nyla had begged to make cupcakes earlier but I told them no cupcakes until after dinner. Bohdin finally sits down and eats a little bit while I read him a book.
6:26 Bohdin puts the frosting on and Nyla adds the sprinkles. Cora is on my back and actually went into the carrier without complaint.

No comments:
Post a Comment