After dinner we set the countdown to the new year. We took some liberties and did it earlier. It was nearly seven when we yelled happy new year. I modified a friend's grape tradition and substituted chocolate because we didn't have grapes. Everybody recieved three pieces and we went in a circle eating the chocolate and saying a wish for each one. Bohdin's last wish was that we could do this every year.
On Sunday Nyla and I went to the fabric store together so I could get some new pins and thread. She always likes to get out of the house no matter the destination. She was somewhat bored until we were making our way to the checkout. There was a lot of Valentine's Day stuff out and then I had to be the one to wait patiently while she was browsing. Another little girl came along and they hit it off instantly. By the time we left we were invited to her birthday party this weekend. I don't know if we'll go because it is her second birthday party invite for this weekend and I don't think we can do both.
The cold front came through and we had some snow on Monday. It wasn't much but the kids did get excited. At the end of the day it wasn't even enough to call it a dusting of snow. We were able to make chunks of ice though and Bohdin had fun chopping them with an axe on Tuesday.

1 comment:
You guys have started an exciting new tradition. Well done!
Post a Comment