Thursday, December 29, 2011

Hole

Buddy has been slowly putting new insulation into the attic because the current insulation is almost nonexistent. Monday he went up with many rolls and I took the kids down to the basement so they would stop bothering him. Bohdin kept asking to go up and Cora was just making a mess of the toiletries. Since we were in the basement we didn't find out until later that Buddy had slipped and put a large hole in Nyla's ceiling. Buddy was physically okay but certainly very mad at himself. It took several hours to patch the hole.



Nyla likes to have people do everything her way. It's something we talk about constantly but it is hard for her to compromise. It comes up often when she is playing with Bohdin. She'll want the playing to go a very specific direction and if suggests something else she will get mad and storm off because he "is not playing fair". She also gets very mad if he takes too long to do something or gets side tracked. The other day they were playing and Bohdin took a break to get a drink of water or something. Nyla got really mad and sat on the stairs demanding that he return right away. Bohdin did not so she just kept yelling out to him to return. Finally she yelled "If you don't come right now you're fired!". Nyla is going to grow up to be that mean boss that everybody complains about.

Bohdin has been doing a lot of math recently. He keeps spouting out math facts like there are seven days in one week, 14 days in two weeks, 21 days in three weeks, or there are 1000 pennies in ten dollars, or in six years he will be 13. Yesterday at the fabric store I was looking at bags of scraps that looked interesting. I had pulled some out as possibilities and Bohdin started adding up how much it would cost if I bought them all. That's not the kind of thing I want to hear when I am trying to make an impulse purchase of something I don't need.

The kids were playing outside today while I was making lunch. The weather continues to be nicely pleasant for this time of year so I want them to take advantage of the sunshine and warmer temperatures before they disappear. Bohdin was planting an apple seed and Nyla was digging for treasure because she has already started wondering what she will get Bohdin for Christmas next year. Cora just tries to keep up. While they were outside a package arrived with hats made by Great Nana. Nyla was the most excited. She is the biggest fan of hats out of the three of them and she loves Great Nana so much. She has not stopped talking about her since we last saw her at Thanksgiving. I hope we can see her again soon.








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so glad you were not hurt, Buddy.