Cora has become more aware of when she pees. Every time she pees on the floor she will say "uh oh uh oh". She is less consistent with saying uh oh when her diaper is on. She also says uh oh when she spills water which is constant. She likes to use a regular cup like everybody else instead of a sippy cup. She has no awareness yet that when she is walking around with the cup and bends over liquid spills. Plus she is still at the clumsy age so water gets spilled that way as well. Normally if she wants a cup of water she spills it within two minutes and wants at least five refills before she actually ingests enough water that she is done or just moves on. Nyla is a juice drinker which Cora has noticed so she has started asking for juice instead of water. Sometimes I give her a tiny splash of juice in her water.
I took Bohdin in for a referral for speech therapy. His stuttering was really bad last week but the day I took him to the doctor he didn't stutter at all. Overall it has improved this week. By the time we get the paperwork done and the appointment made with a speech therapist maybe he won't be stuttering anymore. It's a slow system. It took a few weeks just to get in for the referral appointment. It could be February before we see a speech therapist.
I've been listening to the two child appropriate songs from the musical The Book of Mormon when Bohdin and Nyla are around. The opening song titled Hello is a play on Mormons coming to the door and introducing themselves and their religion. Buddy came home from work the other night and was in the kitchen when Nyla entered. Buddy said hello and Nyla responded with hello. After a slight pause she said "My name is Elder Sniff". It was hilarious but you have to know the song to get the joke. Nyla wasn't trying to make a joke so she was sad that we were laughing.
Part of the reason that Bohdin is stuttering less this week is that he is talking less. At the library on Wednesday he wanted me to check out books from the Secrets of Droon series. I agreed even though I didn't think he would actually read them. He still prefersto read picture books even though language in them is much more difficult. Yesterday during Cora's nap he read two of the books. The first book had 100 pages. I still find it difficult to believe he could read two books like that in such a short time. I asked him questions about the book and he was able to answer them but I'm still skeptical. I had to pause writing this because Bohdin woke up. We were talking about the audio book he chose, Black Beauty, and the books he read yesterday. Maybe he is just a better reader than I knew.

No comments:
Post a Comment