Thursday, December 1, 2011

Nodding yes

Cora has learned that when we ask a question we like it when she nods yes so she nods yes to every question we ask. At first it seemed like she understood what we were saying but with experimentation we discovered that she just nodded in the affirmative to everything. Not only did she nod yes for wanting to eat but she also nodded yes when we asked if she was a monkey, if she wanted to eat her diaper, and every other silly thing we could think of. To be fair to her she does understand us at times. If we ask her if she wants to eat she may sign eat instead of nodding. The other day when I asked her what she wanted to eat it sounded like she said ketchup. I asked "Ketchup?" and of course she nodded yes.

Nyla decided she didn't want to do soccer on Tuesday. The coach was able to get her out there for a few minutes but then Nyla just decided she didn't want to. I was hoping she was finally old enough but she's not. I will not be putting her in soccer again after Christmas. She still has some growing up to do before she is ready for anything organized.

We went to the grocery store the other evening and on the way back I was asking the kids math questions. Nyla had really basic subtraction and addition while Bohdin had multiplication word problems. After Nyla finished one of her questions she excitedly yelled "More! More! More!" I was surprised that she was so interested in these math questions but then I realized she was pointing out houses with Christmas decorations.

Cora is becoming more interested in spending time with Bohdin and Nyla instead of me. Last night we were in the basement when Buddy called to say he was on his way home. I grabbed Cora so we could go upstairs together and finish dinner. As soon as I put her down she went to the basement door which I had left open and slid down the stairs. She had zero interest in staying with me.






Bohdin has been wanting a Playmobil train for a long time now. The one I bought for him with Paul's help arrived on Monday. Bohdin decided he wanted to open his present early and was delighted to find a train inside. That same day a different Playmobil train was listed on Craigslist in Lexington. I told Bohdin about it and he wanted that one as well. Yesterday we went to pick it up. I was cursing my stupidity at having mentioned it because it is a 90 minute drive which is pretty far to go for something I have zero interest in. We did it anyway and Bohdin was super excited. The first one was the older style with the electric track which isn't working for us right now and the second one is the RC with the plastic track. He thought $75 was a great price. Cora was greatly displeased with the trip even though I gave her time to run around a store before we headed back. She was fussy after about 30 minutes and that eventually escalated to crying. It was awful. We tried absolutely everything to make her feel better but once she is done with a car she is done. She finally fell asleep as we entered Louisville.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: