Monday, December 5, 2011

Birthday

Friday morning Nyla decided she wanted to use her money to buy Bohdin a birthday present. Bohdin said he would like a book so we stopped at the book store first. Nyla was too occupied with looking at books she liked to find any for Bohdin so she walked out empty handed. She wasn't particularly interested in buying him a book anyway. She was holding out for the toy store. She found a Playmobil train station at the toy store but I had to contribute some money. We are almost done depleting their stock of train stuff. I like that Nyla is so generous.

We had practice for Lego League on Friday afternoon. They practiced it at the University about five times. Bohdin did not want to say a lot and they allowed him to only say two sentences and have somebody else take over the rest. I think Bohdin should have been required to do more but he was happy with the way it turned out. We were there for two hours and then came straight home to prepare for Bohdin's birthday. Buddy had been home for several hours because he was sick and left work early. It was a low key party. Bohdin is much more excited for the one with his friends in a few days.







I wanted to take a picture of Bohdin's excited face but this is the best he could come up with. Below is the picture of Nyla excited. I think it's funny how opposite they are in their emotional expressions.





Bohdin requested a pyramid cake for his first birthday party. I am just not a cake decorator. Maybe by the time he is 18 I can make him a decent cake. He wanted me to make the one for his second birthday party but I talked him out of it. Cakes are time consuming to put together and I have to make something for Buddy to take to work this week as well.






Saturday was the meet for Lego League. I left Cora at home with a still sick Buddy because the event was during her nap and I thought she would be happier at home. Nyla wanted to go because she wanted to play with R- but in hindsight regrets that decision. Nyla and I found the event to be rather dull. Bohdin was a great time. He watched the older kids do the robot competion and was able to go in the back and see the robots close up. Nyla and I were not allowed back there. When it was time for the presentation, parents weren't allowed in the room which is a change from past years. There were only three junior teams total and Bohdin's team had the best poster and best project by far. It doesn't matter since at this level there is no competition. It is only for participation. We didn't stay long enough to get Bohdin's certificate. I was worried about Cora, the event was loud and I was ready for some quiet, and Bohdin was crying because he hadn't won the raffle to drive the big robot.



This is the project. When it is on the green platform with the cows spins so the cows enter and exit the barn.



Bohdin is getting so big. These are pictures mostly taken on his birthday for the past seven years. I can't believe how fast he is growing.








Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blogs keep getting better and better. Keep up the good work because we sure enjoy reading about the kids.