I've been busy this past week sewing stockings, getting Christmas presents, and planning Bohdin's next semester. I fell behind on the planning in October and I missed it. Science almost screeched to a halt since that is the subject that requires the most planning with the curriculum we are using. I took the kids shopping on Saturday and Sunday for presents. Nyla and Cora came on Saturday. Nyla found a basket for Cora at the thrift store and bought some candy for Bohdin from the grocery store. On Sunday Bohdin came as well. He bought Nyla a small notebook and a bunch of little things from the dollar store. He did a really good job choosing. Nyla chose a few more things for Bohdin as well.
Saturday morning Bohdin wanted to be nice and get Buddy and I breakfast. He put milk and cereal in a bowl and brought it upstairs. I thanked him but told him I ought to eat downstairs. Once there we say down and Bohdin prepared himself a bowl of cereal as well. Nyla was feeling left out and wondered out loud who was going to get her breakfast. She is perfectly capable of doing it herself but she often has moments where she would prefer to be served. Bohdin got her a bowl and cereal but then had to go to the bathroom. While he was gone Nyla poured the cereal into the bowl. Once Bohdin returned Nyla called him a milk servant and wanted him to fetch her some milk. Bohdin was not pleased. He just wanted to sit down and eat his cereal that was getting soggy. He's a nice person so he did actually get the milk from the fridge for her. I can't believe that Nyla called him a milk servant. Actually I can.
The weather wasn't too cold today and I made the kids go outside. After a while I was able to join them and we played red light green light. I grabbed the camera and took a picture on the red light. I tried to get a nice picture of the three of them afterward but it didn't work out. Nyla was sad that Cora was sitting in Bohdin's lap instead of her own. They all had dirty faces anyway since we had a picnic lunch outside so they were doomed from the beginning.
Last time I wrote that Nyla only wanted to wear summer clothes. Once I took away her summer clothes she decided she just wouldn't wear clothes at all. She would only wear underwear inside the house despite having goose bumps. She is slowly starting to wear clothes again.
I forgot to mention last time that Cora is saying mommy now. It's interesting to me that she pretty much skipped right over dada and mama. Bohdin didn't do that but it feels like a Bohdin thing to do. Cora's pronunciation is a little funny. Buddy says it sounds like she has marbles in her mouth. It's a good description. I think it has improved over the past week with a bunch of practice.
Cora has been choosing to spend more time with Bohdin and Nyla. She now has free reign on the stairs and will follow them around to wherever they are playing. She plays with Nyla more because Nyla will play with her when Bohdin is busy reading or whatever. Bohdin doesn't seek Cora out as a playmate the same way that Nyla does. She's still really young so it will be interesting to see what happens in the next several months as she gets better at playing with others.

No comments:
Post a Comment