Nyla's princess dress from Halloween. Sometimes she wore this with fairy wings and other times she dressed as a monkey.
Cora showing off her bottom molar. She has had many new teeth erupt in the past few weeks. Besides that bottom one she has the two molars on top and the eye teeth are coming in as well on top.
Not even a week after I noticed I take crummy pictures of Bohdin's birthday parties I did it again. I think everybody had a great time. After lunch and cake the kids played upstairs a game they called town. Some kids were parents and some were babies and the different rooms were maybe different houses and they had sleepovers. It was quite involved and I didn't catch it all. The game wasn't going well for every child so I told them to pick something new. They broke off into different groups with some going to the basement to play Playmobil and some stayed upstairs to continue playing town I think. It was a game of toy trading which doesn't sound very exciting but they had a lot of fun. Cora had to sacrifice her nap for the party and after some initial tiredness she began playing with them as well. All of the kids are so great and we'll miss not seeing them every week. They all wanted to come back again and I hope they do.
In the summer Nyla used to ask me every morning what the weather would be so she could dress appropriately. When I told her it would be hot outside she often liked to put on pants and a long sleeved shirt. Now when I tell her that it is cold outside she likes to dress in short sleeved shirts and shorts. She will even go outside wearing summer clothes but with a jacket on. She will wear the jacket only from the house to the car or the car to the store. It is very time consuming to wait for her to put her jacket on and off in the car. Plus it is 40 degrees outside and not at all shorts weather. I finally hid all of her shorts because she won't stop choosing them. Today she took a pair out of the dirty clothes to wear under her sleeveless dress. Either that or she found my secret hiding spot. Nyla claims that she is hot so she must wear shorts but her goose bumps suggest otherwise.

No comments:
Post a Comment