Nyla was the last one to wake up as usual. I told the kids they could open their stocking when they woke up but had to wait for everybody to be down before opening anything else. I took somebody's idea of wrapping up everything in the stocking as well. Kids like unwrapping presents so I'm guessing they liked it. I wasn't around when they opened their stockings.
This is the hat that Bohdin bought for Nyla at the dollar store. She was thrilled with most of her presents. She usually exclaimed loudly then hugged and kissed her present. The only one that confused her was a board game. Bohdin likes board games more than Nyla but since I bought several for Bohdin I didn't want Nyla to feel left out. She is too young to play any of the Bohdin games so I bought one for her that we could all play. She did warm up to it later and we did play it several times. We never got around to playing any of Bohdin's games.
Nyla says her favorite present was the one from Paul and Jenn. They bought her a Playmobil princess thing that came with three unicorns. One was pink and the other was a baby unicorn. She loved that. I gave her the used Playmobil stable I bought several months ago although I very nearly didn't because I'm getting tired of Playmobil. I also gave Bohdin a small apple farm set that I had bought a while ago. They really loved the Playmobil stuff and played with that for hours. Later Bohdin said his favorite present was the thunder tube. I filled the stockings with small musical instruments. Cora seems to enjoy the basket that Nyla bought for her the most.
The stockings I made for the kids. I made Bohdin's stocking last. When he used fabric glue to attach the ornaments and presents, Nyla wanted to decorate her stocking as well so she added a snowman, butterfly, and present to the bottom. Bohdin and Nyla both designed their stockings and they helped me choose the design and fabric for Cora's stocking. Bohdin's original fabric choice was really awful and luckily he changed his mind.
Cora loved unwrapping Hershey's kisses and taking a mouse size bite of it before moving on to the next one. It was a messy endeavor.
After Cora's nap we went outside and Buddy built a fire. The weather has been on the warmer side and it was sunny so we needed to take advantage of the nice weather. Winters here tend to be very gray and cold so it was nice to see the sun. Buddy and Bohdin stayed outside for more than four hours. Nyla, Cora, and I didn't stay out as long. I needed to make dinner, Cora has very little sense of fire safety, and Nyla isn't that outdoorsy. She also became cold after taking her jacket off and refused to put it back on again.
Bohdin took this picture. He asks to use the camera often but I have always said no because it is an expensive camera. Today I let his use it. He was very careful and took some nice shots.

1 comment:
That's one day? I'm exhausted just reading about it!
Post a Comment