The kids went swimming five times this week which has kept us pretty busy. Nyla's stubbornness and athletic ability is paying off and she is now a better swimmer than Bohdin. When we go to the pool Bohdin just wants to play while Nyla only wants to practice. They only have two lessons left but we'll continue to go the pool for practice on our own. Cora doesn't like getting in the water but Bohdin and Nyla love it. Our visit was cut short on Friday because soon after we got in the pool I discovered a giant tick in Nyla's ear. I don't know if she picked it up at the pool or at home. They didn't have tweezers so we didn't stay too long.
Buddy took the kids swimming on Saturday so I took Cora to the store. It is so much easier to only have one kid. She was quite patient while we waited in a long line. As we waited she heard lots of sounds. The motorcycles in particular grabbed her attention. When they went by on the nearby street she would yell "motorcycle" and "loud" and then cover her ears. Her shouting was much louder than the motorcycle but she didn't seem to believe me. I wanted to cover my ears for that.
Cora has used the potty a few times this week. I've been hesitant to take her out of night time diapers because she is not quite ready but since she has been dehydrated this week I went ahead and did it. She's pretty close but I would rather be safe. This week she hasn't been wearing a diaper so I make her sit on the potty in the morning. She used to be kind of scared of the potty. Then she went through a phase where she would happily sit and hold her pee as long as possible before getting up and asking for a diaper. This week she finally understands that she is supposed to pee on the potty. She doesn't care for it but she will grudgingly try it in the morning if I read books to her while she sits. She'll do almost anything for a book.
1 comment:
Progress at swimming; progress with the potty; progress on so many fronts. Well done, mommie and kids!
Post a Comment