Thursday, June 7, 2012

Walk in the Woods




The weather has been relatively pleasant lately due to low humidity. We took advantage and took a walk through the woods to the playground. We packed a picnic lunch so Bohdin, Nyla, and Piggy all had backpacks. I just had a Cora on my back. The kids usually enjoy a walk through the woods. Nyla was a little slow because she was tired. On the way back Cora wanted to walk and she surprised me by walking the entire way home. It's around a mile over hilly uneven terrain.







 Last weekend Buddy installed a fence around the drop off to the lower patio. We have a walkout basement but only part of it is walk out. Since the upper area was cleaned up, Cora likes to get way too close to the edge.







I quickly snapped this picture as I grabbed the camera so the lighting is off. Nyla drew this today of me, Nyla, and a family that was here to visit today. Nyla enjoyed playing with the five year old girl. We saw her again later at the Pinkilicious party at the library.




Bohdin often complains about doing schoolwork so Nyla begging to do school work is a refreshing change. Last week we started her kindergarten math and she loved it. Right now it's super easy so she zoomed through it. She did 21 lessons one night and 17 the next. She's slowed down now. There was a point where she became frustrated because she was having difficulty writing the number 5. When Bohdin was little I wrote the numbers for him and I offered to do the same for her. She stubbornly said no and wanted to practice more. It was nice to appreciate her stubborness for a change.

Last weekend was the library book sale. I took Bohdin and Nyla to help and left Cora at home because she doesn't help. Nyla's job is to guard our books while Bohdin and I browse. We would come back with books and sift through them later. I put back a few of my choices and quite a few of Bohdin's choices. As I was taking one last look at the books on the table Bohdin came over and saw the large pile of rejects. He sifted though them and put three back in our box. One was about gun control. One was about Air Force One and the last was about head lice. I thought he would never read any of them but the following morning he read the head lice book. As I was doing tick checks on him this week he wondered if he had head lice.







Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great pictues of the kids coming through the woods; and, well done well done on the fence.