Thursday, June 28, 2012

Terrible Swimmers

Yesterday Bohdin and Nyla had the last of their six scheduled swim lessons.  By the end they had both passed the swim test which is swimming unaided to the ropes and back which is maybe 60 feet total.  I told them that they were now terrible swimmers which is a huge improvement over the nonswimmers they were several weeks ago.  I signed them up for more lessons.  The next step is to become decent swimmers.  We met E- at the pool this morning and her mom commented on how comfortable the kids looked in the water.  The swim lessons made a huge difference with that.  E- was hesitant about getting in and never let go of the side for the few minutes she was in.  The shallow end is still pretty deep and she couldn't touch the bottom.  Nyla can't touch the bottom either but Bohdin can. We never made it to the pool prior to the swim lessons but if we had I can imagine Nyla clinging uncomfortably to the side of the pool. 

Nyla developed a rash on her arm late last week that spread over the weekend.  It appeared to be some sort of bite but we weren't sure.  Since she had no symptoms with it we didn't take her to the ER.  Monday morning it looked like a bulls eye rash so I had to call the doctor.  Nyla is on antibiotics just in case it is Lyme disease.  I don't think she has it but since there is a chance she will take antibiotics for at least two weeks.  I don't mess around with Lyme disease since I know somebody suffering from it.  Nyla had her blood drawn but the test isn't 100% accurate. 

No comments: