It's been a while since I took pictures off the camera. Some of them were two weeks old. The picture above is when the kids were playing dress up in our clothes. Nyla had been wearing my dress around and Bohdin was wearing Buddy's clothes but then they switched. Nyla and Cora wore my dress for a few days prior to this but they haven't played this again since the picture was taken.
In the picture below, Bohdin and Cora are playing ghost or something with the blanket. They were walking around the house both covered up by the blanket. Cora came out for the picture.
It has been an incredibly hot and dry summer. The grass stopped growing and so did most of the weeds. Plants are wilting. Our hydrangea may die. I see plants in other yards that are suffering. I haven't seen anybody mow their yard in a few weeks. Our grass hasn't been cut in over two weeks which is highly unusual. In a normal summer it needs to be done at least once per week. Every four or five days would look better. I heard on the news that these conditions mimic the dust bowl times. I can certainly see that. Yesterday a wind came through and we were pelted with dust on our way out of the grocery store. Anyway since it has been so hot, I bought some water balloons for the kids. Between the three of them they went fast. In the picture below Cora is defending her stash.
I had a hair appointment on Saturday. Nyla really wanted to come with me even after I warned her that it would be boring. She came anyway and said it wasn't boring at all. She took some paper and crayons and did that the whole time. They also gave her a soda. It was the first time she had ever tried Sprite I think. She didn't know what it was so was hesitant to try it. We went to the bookstore afterward to find books for Bohdin. We hit the jackpot. I found the next Little House on the Prairie book he needed among others. The last time I went it was a bust but this time I found a ton of stuff for him.
Our days have been pretty quiet. Bohdin spends a lot of his day reading. When he is not reading he is playing with Nyla or complaining about doing schoolwork. He spends more time complaining about doing schoolwork than doing it I think. We're working together to end that because I find it rather tiring. Nyla does a lot of art and Cora gets in everyhing.

Nyla was able to go swim at the neighbor's house yesterday because L- came to visit. It's the first time she has visited her great grandparents this summer. I hope we see more of her because Nyla loves playing with her.
I think Cora may be about done with naps. She is having a hard time going to bed at night and often stays up until 11. The problem is that she gets super grouchy if she doesn't sleep. She cries and cries. It's going to be a challenge to keep her spirits up while she adjusts. Perhaps our upcoming trip will make the transition easier.

1 comment:
Need pictures!!
Post a Comment