Cora's face after running into a corner.
Friday in Wisconsin is Fish Fry Friday. Restaurants all over the state offer fried fish. We took part in a small place in Green Bay. It had the feeling of everybody knowing everybody. An elderly gentleman at the next table over chatted with us while we waited for our fish to arrive. His poor wife had five babies in five years. The first two were just under a year apart. Once our food came his wife urged him to be quiet and let us eat. The fish was good. We had perch, whitefish, and blue gill. The fried cheese curds were good as well.
After dinner we headed to a small amusement park on the shores of Lake Michigan. The rides were 25 cents to 50 cents each. Those cheap rides add up fast. Bohdin did four because his rides were more expensive but Cora was able to do seven I think. They all had a good time. I think Cora liked the little cars the best.
We pricelined a hotel for the night and got an extended stay place. The reviews on Tripadvisor were lukewarm so I was expecting the worst. When we arrived, Bohdin and Nyla declared it the best hotel ever. They were like condos with four units to a building. It was a studio apartment with a kitchen, one bed, and a foldout couch. It wasn't nearly as bad as the reviews led me to believe but I don't think it was the best hotel ever as the kids did.
Bohdin didn't sleep well there because he developed a cold and was very congested. He woke us up in the middle of the night and Buddy couldn't go back to sleep. He went to Walmart to pick up camping supplies instead. After breakfast in the morning we were off to Door County.
Nyla loves carousels and was looking forward to riding one for a long time. She calls them carouswheels. Nyla is 42" which is the minimum height for some of the rides. She did the tall swing instead of the little kid swing. I thought she would get scared but she didn't.
Nyla: I liked the carouswheel. That swing one was just like the other one but it was higher and the buckles were different. I went by myself this time. And he measured me.
Bohdin: My favorite ride was the one where we just spun around and around and around. It was very fun and it was colorful. My other favorite ride was the train. We all went on it and it was very fun.

No comments:
Post a Comment