Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Cora's birthday



Since it was her birthday I let Cora paint.  I don't let her paint as often as she would like because she is messy and always demands more paint than is necessary.  Her preferred method of painting is squeezing the entire bottle onto a piece of paper.  If she can't do that then she wants to squeeze several bottles worth of paint onto her palette.  As soon as there is a smidgen of room on the palette she wants more paint than she had before.  It never ends well.

Once Buddy came home from work we had dinner.  Cora seems to like my lasagna so I chose that since she couldn't choose for herself.  After dinner it was time for cake and presents.  Cora picked out the dinosaur cake at Costco earlier in the day and cheered when I put it in the basket.  Nyla wanted her to choose the princess cake and Bohdin wanted her to choose the cupcakes.  One out of three kids was happy with the choice.  Cora blew out the candles but didn't eat any cake because she was too busy with the presents.  She had opened one before dinner and was already wearing her new birthday pants.  I can't believe she is already two.









Bohdin has been wanting to play mini golf for years apparently.  He loves it and had a few near misses during our trip so I told him we would go when we got back.  Bohdin originally wanted to play all day but one round in the heat was enough for him.  Nyla petered out toward the end but finished.  She doesn't love miniature golf nearly as much as Bohdin.


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, Cora is two! Her cake looks yummy.