Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Nyla's birthday



Nyla was extremely impatient for her birthday and asked me a million times if she could open her presents.  By the time it was actually time for her birthday celebration I was exhausted from having said no for days.  She did open several cards and presents early.  Buddy had the genius idea of reusing Cora's cake.  I cut the cake in half and stacked it to make it taller and made some new pink frosting.  Nyla wanted a castle cake but after looking at numerous pictures of castle cakes she didn't like any of them.  That worked out fine for me since I'm not a cake decorator.  Instead she had a pink cloud with sprinkles and roses.  I made sugar cookies to use to decorate the cake but she didn't want that.

I made Nyla's requested dinner which was fettuccine alfredo.  She was impatient to open her presents so she ate quickly and wanted to open presents before anybody else was done.  She had complained earlier that it was the worst birthday ever since I didn't let her invite anybody over but once the little celebration began she enjoyed it and declared it the best birthday.  I had made a deal with her weeks earlier that if she didn't have a big birthday party we would go to Disney World.  Buddy has more vacation time that he must use before October.













Her two favorite presents were the pink cabinet in the picture above.  It has beanie baby bears and lots of clothes.  Her other favorite present was a doll made by her great grandmother.  In addition she received some movies.  Bohdin bought her Tangled which she loves and she also received some Japanese movies.   She likes the Miyazaki moves and luckily they have them at Costco right now for a great price.  She has been asking for them every single time we go.  It's amazing that I was able to buy them without her noticing.  She also received some money and has one more present from Paul and Jen on the way that I know she will love.

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

P said...

what she is already 5? wow I am getting old.