We planned to go to Circus World on Thursday but I was so fed up with hearing the kids complain about everything that I cancelled it. Nothing had changed on Friday but we went anyway. As were getting out of the car Bohdin was complaining that he would rather go to the beach. I can't remember what Nyla was complaining about. They both loved Circus World. We made it just in time for the magic show. The show was about to start so we quickly found whatever seats were available. Buddy found a row of five seats and for some reason Bohdin wanted to sit on one end with empty spaces between Buddy and I. Nyla sat in front of us so she could see better and Cora jumped laps.
The magic show was fine. It's a small production. Bohdin loved it. He said things loudly in awe. I shushed him but the couple in front of us said it was fine. For the first trick they asked for a volunteer from the audience. Bohdin raised his hand but he was in the back and the magician never saw him. An eight year old girl was picked. For the next trick they again asked for a volunteer. I think they wanted a boy this time to make it fair. Bohdin raised his hand but wasn't seen. Somebody's family was trying to get a teen boy to volunteer against his will. The magician saw him and asked for the boy in the third row. This was clearly not Bohdin but he didn't know that. He got up and walked toward the stage. Since he was sitting several chairs away from me I couldn't grab him in time. Both boys started walking up to the stage and both got on. The teen gladly got off the stage.
Bohdin's job was to check the mirror on both sides and make sure it was solid. Beofre the show started they said no photography so I didn't take the camera out. The couple in front of us had no problems breaking the rules and pulled out their camera to take pictures for us. As I wrote that I realized that the card they gave me with their email address was in the back pocket of my
shorts that were in the washing machine. I salvaged enough of the card to get the lady's name and find her Facebook page.
After Bohdin checked the mirror he sat back down and enjoyed the rest of the trick. Later in the show another volunteer was needed with money. Nobody was volunteering. The lady in front of us pulled out a twenty dollar bill and handed it to Bohdin so he could go up. He became the audience volunteer once again. This time he stayed up for the entire trick. Bohdin had to write his name on the bill and then it was later found inside a lemon. After his first trick he was given a ticket to another local magic show which is supposed to be really good. It's a $28 ticket.
After the magic show it was time for the big top performance. The circus was small but it was fine. I think it takes a lot more to amaze people now than it did 150 years ago. Bohdin doesn't care for circuses much so he has a little bored. Cora couldn't sit still and went up and down the stairs. Nyla liked it. After the show I checked out the restored circus wagons with Bohdin. We were able to get in for free because they are part of the free summer military museum thing so Buddy bought some food so they would get at least some profit from us. While we ate the couple from the magic show came over and chatted with us. They took pictures of us during the circus performance. Nyla got up and danced with the clowns during the cirucs and they had much better seats for pictures than we did.
We spent so long talking to them and eating that we were too late to go to the magic show. Bohdin was rightfully disappointed. Cora fell asleep right away in the car and we just headed toward Green Bay instead.
I've run out of time to write about Green Bay now as we're loading up to head off camping.
Nyla: I liked when I danced with the clown.
Bohdin: My favorite part was the magic show. It was pretty interesting to be on stage but I couldn't see everyone very well. It was pretty exciting. One of my favorite tricks was the first one I helped on. The one with that mirror. I had to go around to the back and see if it was solid. My favorite part of that trick was when there was that curtain thing and it was on the mirror and things could go through it and through the mirror even though the mirror was solid.

1 comment:
Almost feels like we're there enjoying the water parks and other sites with you. Hope you have a wonderful Wisconsin vacation!
Post a Comment