Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Christmas



Bohdin likes Christmas Eve and the preparation for Santa's arrival.  He wrote a note apologizing for not making cookies and put out a variety of vegetables for the reindeer and nuts for Santa.  He tried to make a path again as he did last year but our tiny tree was on the mantle above the fireplace so he just made a large circle around the living room.




 Christmas looks a little sparse without furniture or a large tree. 






Nyla felt a little ripped off and rightly so.   I noticed it too late on Christmas Eve to do anything about it.  There were a few tears shed but she got over it.  It's not like she didn't get great presents. I had to store all of the presents in the trunk  and the contents of some of the boxes was discovered by a sibling.  Santa dropped the ball as a result and the $20 from Santa was not much consolation.  I just asked her and she said it was a good Christmas.  The only thing she didn't like was not getting to decorate a big tree.  Perhaps she has forgiven Santa. 









Our stuff arrived the day after Christmas and we are still unpacking almost two weeks later.  The kids have absolutely no patience for unpacking since it was just 11 months ago that we last did this.  I can understand the feeling. 


















No comments: