Bohdin grabbed the camera the take pictures a few weeks ago and forgot to turn it off. When the battery drained it set off a two week quest to find the battery charger and get the house in order. I was about to give up several times. Every move we lose random items and I thought this move it was the battery charger among a few other things. I did eventually find it in the box with the computer. We hadn't unpacked the desktop computer yet because we didn't have the office desk yet. Unpacking is like putting a puzzle together and we've been trying hard to put the pieces the way we want them. This move it's more difficult because I want it to be good. It feels like we've had years of good enough. I want to move closer to good this move. Nyla's room is getting a big overhaul. She has a smaller closet than she's ever had so some of the extra things that were stored in there need to go elsewhere. I needed to find a new home for the dress up clothes and stuffed animals. Her nightstand is getting painted two years after I told her I would do it and she is getting a pink desk for art work. I'll put the third coat of paint on that today.
Bohdin likes to take random pictures around the house.
| Ballerina Cora |
| Nyla artwork that she hung on her window. It's a plane but she forgot the e at the end. |
| Nyla in her rock star pose. |
| The bunny mask that Bohidn made for Nyla in art camp last summer. |
The weather has been erratic here. Some days we are victims of the polar vortex and other days it is very nice. One nice afternoon we went to the playground and stumbled upon the local homeschool group. They have weekly playgroups at the playground near our house. The kids haven't made any friends yet but there is potential. So far we've been to two playgroups and one writer's club.
Cora has been really tired lately and she's been napping a bit. One day she fell asleep on the kitchen floor.
I made lasagna over the weekend and had the kids assemble it using an assembly line method. Nyla got bored or something and decided to do art instead. She drew a picture of the layers of the lasagna while Bohdin and Cora finished up.
Nyla spends more time outdoors than Bohdin or Cora. She explores the woods in the back, plays in the driveway, or builds a sand tower with the extra sand in the empty lot next to us. Yesterday we had beautiful weather and I sent the kids outside to play. Eventually they had to come in because their bare feet were cold.
Bohdin is learning variables in math and he needs to write simple equations. After he had written one I told him that the times symbol isn't necessary between a variable and a number. He erased the times sign. He wrote the variable first and I didn't want him to erase everything so I didn't tell him that the number comes first. He noticed that his equation now read 14 = 4 + h2. He added a zero after the two and laughed hard as said that it was now 14 = 4 + water.
2 comments:
Hope you get the house into the "good" category. Good luck with that!
Also, hope Bud has not been one of those stranded on Atlanta's hwys due to the ice.
Who is anonymous?
Post a Comment